The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus for iPad (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Problem with iPad Safari Bookmarklet? [Fixed: remove iPhone app and reboot] (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=16962)

Danbustillos 2010-07-30 06:31 AM

Problem with iPad Safari Bookmarklet? [Fixed: remove iPhone app and reboot]

I've followed OF's instructions for installing the Safari Bookmarklet but I keep getting an "invalid address" error. Any help? (it hasn't tarnished the luster off my shiny new app!)

troyb 2010-07-30 06:34 AM

The bookmarklet should look like this after the instructions:

[CODE]javascript:window.location='omnifocus:///add?note='+encodeURIComponent(window.location)+'&name='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)[/CODE]

Does yours match up?

Danbustillos 2010-07-30 06:38 AM

OF iPad Safari Bookmarklet

Hmm. Yep, exactly. I'll try reinstalling it and see what happens...

Nope. It is still giving me a "Cannot open this page ... Address is Invalid" error.

SirLean 2010-07-30 06:52 AM

Same problem here.

troyb 2010-07-30 06:57 AM

I'm recalling a problem with OmniFocus urls if you previously had the iPhone app installed on your iPad. Would you mind uninstalling it if it's still installed and try rebooting to see if that fixes the problem? (I hate asking people to reboot their iPad but it might be the only option to get the OS to realize those should go to a new app).

Danbustillos 2010-07-30 07:00 AM

You may be onto something there as I indeed had OF for iPhone installed until this morning. Rebooting right after this post...

Eureka! The problem was fixed by rebooting after having deleted the iPhone app from my iPad! Thanks Test Pilot!
:)

SirLean 2010-07-30 07:24 AM

Problem solved w above solution.

troyb 2010-07-30 07:26 AM

Great to hear!

zcreem 2011-05-24 11:56 PM

IPad reboot worked

Had the same problem, Apple's obviously as reboot needed, but it fixed it and all is good.
Really loving the iPad app.

judenile 2011-06-02 06:34 AM

[QUOTE=troyb;81543]I'm recalling a problem with OmniFocus urls if you previously had the iPhone app installed on your iPad. Would you mind uninstalling it if it's still installed and try rebooting to see if that fixes the problem? (I hate asking people to reboot their iPad but it might be the only option to get the OS to realize those should go to a new app).[/QUOTE]
Troy. Users are likely to come across this issue frequently. (Many "upgrade" their iPad from OF for iPhone.) I suggest you make your fix more prominent in the forums and add this instruction to your "Add Bookmarklet" instructions in OF for iPad. So until you get if fixed (if you can fix it), don't make users search the forums for this bug.

One of the first things I do with a new app is get my settings in order. It's very disconcerting to have something not work after having purchased a $40 app.

Anyway, food for thought.