The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   iCal Sync (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Multiples Instances of OF Calendars in iCal (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4862)

twilhite 2007-09-14 09:42 AM

Multiples Instances of OF Calendars in iCal

Why do I see multiple instances of the OF calendars in iCal?

Best regards,

Tim Wilhite

pvonk 2007-09-14 10:37 AM

Each context you define in OF becomes a calendar in iCal.

twilhite 2007-09-14 02:14 PM

Yes, I understand; however, an example, OF: @Home will appear more than once.

Kind regards

Tim Wilhite

pvonk 2007-09-14 05:38 PM

Ouch - that's not supposed to happen. Do the same entries show up under each of the OF:@Home calendars, or do they differ?

ext555 2007-09-15 02:53 AM

I've had contexts duplicating occasionally , that might be what's happening here . Each " new " context is creating a calendar ?

I just restore from a recent backup , but you'd probably have to deletee the extra ical calendars .

djbell 2007-09-15 03:34 AM

Yeah, deleting the extra calendars and syncing fixed this problem when I had it. Just back up first as OF's predecessor used to blow up data in this situation.

twilhite 2007-09-15 05:09 PM

Thank-you for the helpful responses. I did delete the duplicate calendars; however, when after syncing a couple of times they appear again.

Kind regards,

Tim Wilhite

matthewbate 2007-10-29 06:35 AM

I have this problem too - Ninjas needed

I think OF is tripping-up the sync server.

I'm getting this repeatedly and I've even had to re-set my .Mac sync information. My local Apple store has told me that sync problems are common with .Mac sync users who use a dial-up or GPRS connection. I use the former.

My only suggestion is for the ninjas to give us a scenario to re-set the sync info without loosing the OF info.

Would it work if we deleted ALL OF calendars and then synced?

I haven't done this in case it blanks OF. I never rely only on back-ups!

How does one attract a Ninja? Should we attempt to invade a village and wait until they arrive to avenge the villagers?

Ken Case 2007-10-29 07:00 AM

My advice is to upgrade to the latest build (93539), which lets you define how each context maps to your calendar list. It will start out without any calendars mapped, so it won't care what changes you make to them. (It also has a new checkbox in Synchronization Preferences that says whether actions deleted from calendars should be deleted from OmniFocus; you can turn that off to be extra safe, and in fact I believe it's off by default.)

You can then decide which calendars you want your contexts to synchronize to going forward.

Hopefully this will help resolve your problem!

matthewbate 2007-10-29 07:26 AM

Thanks Ken...

OmniNinjas ahead of the game as usual!