The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniWeb General (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Zap or Shrink The Bookmark Icon In Favorites Bar? Please?! (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=1515)

iGabe 2006-08-27 09:24 PM

Zap or Shrink The Bookmark Icon In Favorites Bar? Please?!

Other browsers I've used such as Safari, Shiira, Firefox, etc all don't have a big bookmark icon prefixing each link.

I would love to fully utilize your Favorites bar (a.k.a. Toolbar) as I have in every other browser, but unfortunately once I get past several links it scrolls to a new line. I use the bar to prioritize tasks / sites I need to visit as well as long-term priorities in folders, and I don't have enough room with OmniWeb.

What's my 1 frustration with OmniWeb? The damn bookmark icons taking up all that space! :)

Please fix? :) Make this an option? :)

And if I am an idiot for missing the preference option somewhere, then huge apologies :o and thank you for directing me where to find this amazing pref option.

Thank you, --Gabriel

troyb 2006-08-28 11:09 AM

You can't do this right now but it is a popular request and something we'll be considering in the future. Thanks!

iGabe 2006-08-28 03:43 PM

Thank you for the reply.

I just registered earlier this morning, hope to "support" this feature :))

poppymac 2007-04-14 10:18 PM

so i am hoping this is still on track to be a feature at some point!! i also would like the option to disable favicons to just use the default icons or to loose icons all together and just be text.

Also one other small request. That a bokmark separator be a small bar and not just a spacer....

keep up the great work!!

workinprogress 2007-09-28 02:07 PM

PLEASE, option to ditch favicons

YES, please. I need the option to ditch the favicons in the Faves bar. I have a ton of them I use for work, and the icons just take up TOO much space!

beintelegant 2007-10-01 09:37 AM

Favicons

I can only make mine fit by right click / edit name then DEL the name you will be left with only the favicon which looks much better.

I also would like to have much smaller favicons, and to be lots of them on several bars they are enormously useful to me.

I would also like to lose the space between the favicons it is just too large at the moment.

Do LOVE omniweb though! :-)

adinb 2007-10-02 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=beintelegant;21982]I can only make mine fit by right click / edit name then DEL the name you will be left with only the favicon which looks much better.

I also would like to have much smaller favicons, and to be lots of them on several bars they are enormously useful to me.

I would also like to lose the space between the favicons it is just too large at the moment.

Do LOVE omniweb though! :-)[/QUOTE]

I do this as well. Tell the truth, I'd love a way to keep the labels, but disable their display in the bookmarks bar. And of course, the ability to load up icons for sites that *still* don't have favicons (a la the "favicon picker" firefox extension).