The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus for iPhone (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   iCloud to Omnifocus works (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=25467)

avandelay 2012-09-14 07:07 AM

Reminders to Omnifocus via iCloud.com - works!

If you have Omnifocus set up to capture your iOS/iCloud reminders, you might like to know that as of yesterday, you can now enter new to-do items through the icloud.com site. So, what you enter there as a to-do will show up in your Omnifocus inbox. I just tested it and it works perfectly.

avandelay 2012-09-14 07:11 AM

Also, as with adding them via Siri, the due date comes along to Omnifocus. So do any notes you add via the little "details" button. Awesome!

avandelay 2012-09-14 07:52 AM

One caveat: if you have Omnifocus open on your phone as you're entering things into iCloud, OF might pull in your reminder from iCloud before you're done typing it. I got a "your reminder was deleted by another service" error just now, while I was entering some notes and such into a new inbox item on iCloud.

Might be best to close Omnifocus while you're entering stuff.

psidnell 2012-09-14 11:30 AM

So Omnifocus has a web input now :-)

psidnell 2012-09-14 11:53 AM

But not to an iPad :-(

avandelay 2012-09-15 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=psidnell;114521]But not to an iPad :-([/QUOTE]
Does OmniFocus for iPad not have the feature to pull in iCloud/Siri reminders?

Ken Case 2012-09-16 06:26 AM

[QUOTE=avandelay;114548]Does OmniFocus for iPad not have the feature to pull in iCloud/Siri reminders?[/QUOTE]

OmniFocus supports iCloud Capture on devices which support Siri. This will include some iPads in iOS 6.

linuxmake 2012-09-22 10:46 AM

iCloud.com works, but not perfectly

So, the iCloud.com webinterface works like a charme. Bu I have the same problem than avandelay described in his post.

Just to close omnifocus is not a usable solution for me. With the possibility of a web interface my assistant can put tasks into my inbox. Thats very cool, because it will redudantize the step to email tasks to me. But OmniFocus is always open on my iPhone and my iPad.

I think it would be best that new toppics that come from iCloud.com wil be pulled to Omnifocus after a couple of minutes. It could be optional for people, that dont use iCloud.com.
Maybe it's possible find out if the input comes from siri or iCloud.com. Than that would be no problem.

Another Solution will be a own webinterface or an windows app (the web app will be better).

masoric 2012-09-22 05:51 PM

Works with exchange tasks...

If you sync with exchange you can add a task in Outlook which will then sync to iCloud as a reminder which will then end up in your Omnifocus inbox if you have that setting enabled.

This makes a great way to get new tasks into your inbox in Omnifocus if you're a windows and a Microsoft Office user.