The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   iCal Sync (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   iCal Sync : Support CalDAV Calendars [See "Replacing Calendar Sync" thread.] (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9954)

policarpo 2010-06-16 03:59 PM

Are there any plans to update OmniFocus in order to support CalDAV syncing?

Here is my current setup @ work and I would like to utilize OF for this workflow:

. macmini running 10.6.4 Server
. CalDAV configured
. I created individual calDAV calendars for my Teammates
. Their respective calendars are password protected and they have loaded them into their local iCal
. I push my Tasks to them (currently had to switch to Things since OF does not support CalDAV)
. They use Anxiety to review their tasks
. If they need to comment or add notes, they do so in iCal via the ToDo Panel
. When a task is complete they check it off in Anxiety
. I review our progress
. At the beginning of each week I review my InBox and begin the delegation process
. I Print to .PDF an overview of our week schedule and submit this to my PM's and Director and my Team.

We all stay on task and get work done efficiently.

So, I feel a little bummed that I can't use OF. I wish I had known about the lack of CalDAV support before setting up the machine with it.
-note: we were using BusyCal and OF before switching to CalDAV. The goal was to remove an additional layer of annoyance from our toolbox (why have 2 calendars ya know)

Thanks,
-policarpo

policarpo 2010-06-16 09:38 PM

For what it is worth, I am testing this setup now with BusySync instead of BusyCAL.

Man, there's just too much hoops to jump thru when you are trying to do Shared Tasks and Delegation in a group setting via a managed and local GTD db.:eek:

I will test it in the office.

Basically it allows you to publish local iCal to the LAN. I'll see if it works, so I can get back to OF and using GTD the way that I want to.

I really don't want to use Things...if I can help it. It is beautiful to look @, but man, some of their interactions are just quirky (like not being able to see notes from multiple Tasks at once). Yikes. :)

Wish me luck. ;)

murraysu 2010-10-11 11:07 AM

OF on Mac, iPhone and iPad

I second this. I want to sync calendars by my own CalDAV on my Mac, iPhone and iPad. Thanks

Fennec72 2010-12-15 07:10 AM

Is it expected a sync with MobileMe CalDav?

So far my project manager and task was Contactizer Pro.

Now that Apple has the switch to MobileMe Calendar CalDAV protocol, not borne by Contactizer, calendars related to my tasks and my projects are no longer synchronized with my iPhone from MobileMe.

Since yesterday I test Omnifocus as task manager and projects to effectively replace Contactizer.
Unfortunately, Omnifocus seem to work with CalDAV and so with the new MobileMe calendar.

Does the iPhone version of OmniFocus and iPad could effectively solve this problem by synchronizing with OmniFocus for Mac?

policarpo 2010-12-15 08:13 AM

Omnifocus does not support CalDAV on any platforms. You can only sync to local calendars.

amelchi 2010-12-18 01:53 AM

me too!

scotty321 2011-02-02 06:35 PM

Yes, please! Please support CalDAV, because of the new MobileMe CalDAV calendars! We can't sync OmniFocus to our calendars anymore, because we've switched completely over to CalDAV!

Forget about 10.4 compatibility with OmniFocus -- nobody uses 10.4 anymore.

drking 2011-02-04 10:00 AM

I second this request, please.
Thanks,
drking

plguitar 2011-02-06 09:25 AM

+1 --> the Forcast pane should include full calendar integration, and I want a quick and dirty Today pane!

Brian 2011-02-07 04:01 PM

See [URL="http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=18570"]this thread[/URL] for more info (and the chance to give feedback!) on how we'll handle this in the future.