The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   iCal Sync (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   unable to synchronize with ical (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=5370)

thoreinar 2007-10-30 11:41 PM

unable to synchronize with ical

I get this message

you referenced to the following records (in a relationship) but did not actually push them "E89EC0F7-4757-4FBC-933DEBBBD-F1C

can someone help me with this :-)

miles100 2007-11-01 06:12 AM

If anyone's in the mood to help, I cannot sync because "only the default document can be synced". How do i make my document the default document?

Many thanks

Baurryman 2007-11-01 07:25 AM

[QUOTE=miles100;23826]If anyone's in the mood to help, I cannot sync because "only the default document can be synced". How do i make my document the default document?

Many thanks[/QUOTE]
I was getting this same message repeatedly thru several builds along with " you referenced to the following records (in a relationship) but did not actually push them "E89EC0F7-4757-4FBC-933DEBBBD-F1C". What instantly helped me was opening I-sync, go to preferences and click "reset sync history". I did this and made no other changes. Worked like a charm.
Hope this helps.

kalonica 2007-11-01 01:26 PM

No result when I press the Sync with iCal button

Been enjoying being part of the OmniBetabeta testing group.... but I'm stuck here. I'm still on Tiger, and I think I must be missing something in the various messages here about iCal improvements, because all I know is as of two updates ago (now I'm at 93756), all my iCal OmniFocus-related calendars and their To Dos (previously prefixed OF) are just gone.

And I can't seem to make any more. It used to be a matter of pressing the sync button and my To Dos would appear in the variously generated OF calendars. But no more.

I am reading posts here, but as I'm not digging around in code, and I'm not even getting any pop up error messages, I can't categorize my problem. I'm just getting NO RESULT.

Would love to know why. Or what steps I should take to see current OmniFocus tasks in my iCal again. At all.

If you know the answer, I'd very much appreciate a post back. Thanks!

kalonica 2007-11-01 02:09 PM

Replying to myself, after having read a previous thread. I had to create a calendar in iCal first --- in this case "OMNIFOCUS". Then go to Preferences/Sync in OmniFocus, then choose all my contexts which were sitting in some parenthesized calendar called (Unsynchronized) and (and this was counter-intuitive to me) drag them from the right side window into my newly created calendar. THEN I clicked the Sync with iCal button and got all my To Dos again. I know I should be more savvy with the GTD stuff and coordinate my contexts with my calendars manually now.....Oh well. Just glad to see stuff show up again.

miles100 2007-11-01 07:36 PM

[QUOTE=Baurryman;23828]I was getting this same message repeatedly thru several builds along with " you referenced to the following records (in a relationship) but did not actually push them "E89EC0F7-4757-4FBC-933DEBBBD-F1C". What instantly helped me was opening I-sync, go to preferences and click "reset sync history". I did this and made no other changes. Worked like a charm.
Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

No charm for me but thank you for the reply

floatingpoint 2007-11-24 08:19 AM

I'm also getting the message "Only the default document can be synchronized".

I have tried...[LIST][*]resetting sync history in isync[*]completely deleting the Omnifocus data files in ~Library/Application Support/Omnifocus and restarting the program[*]importing and exporting the data file[*]completely "AppZapping" the program and reinstalling[/LIST]All to no avail.

This is particularly painful to me since I live on my Palm which syncs with iCal, and now I don't have any tasks at all.

Help me, Support Ninjas, you're my only hope!

Ken Case 2007-11-28 08:25 AM

OmniFocus logs additional details to the console about why it thinks the current document isn't the default document. Could you check your Console log (by running the Console application from /Applications/Utilities) and tell us what it says when you try to sync?

Thanks!

mjm 2007-11-28 08:55 AM

Adding Context to Calendar is a non-starter!

I've been struggling with the sync problem but today's release removed a lot of OF's functionality for me. My context(s) cross projects, and calendars, as well as my personal and professional life. The alternative is to create a calendar for each context which is also silly. Why can't there be the option for incomplete Actions and Completed Action?

hagboe 2007-12-06 05:24 AM

*** -[NSCFArray objectAtIndex:]: index (498) beyond bounds (498)

*** -[NSCFArray objectAtIndex:]: index (498) beyond bounds (498) - This is the message I get when I open Preferences/ical. And nothing more happens. I can't sync with ical at all. I tried "Reset" but that didn't help. What can I do to use Omnifocus with ical under Tiger?