The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   "Unable to execute SQL" means... what? (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13428)

newfie53523 2009-08-17 06:01 PM

"Unable to execute SQL" means... what?

I keep getting an error box that says "Unable to execute SQL" when I am just moving stuff around. I click OK and things continue to work fine. This is the first time I;ve seen the message in the week I've had OmniFocus, but it does it non-stop now.

What did I do or not do for this to be happening? I'm sure it is a simple thing but for the life of me I cannot figure it out and don't see it in the FAQs. (Of course, it is probably obvious... but not to me!)

Ideas/sugestions?

dw

curt.clifton 2009-08-17 08:31 PM

It sounds like something is corrupt in your database. I strongly suggest that you connect the support ninjas at [email]omnifocus@omnigroup.com[/email] (or just choose Help → Send Feedback).

hollywood 2009-08-19 11:34 AM

Sorry for the trouble! This could be a cache issue — let's try the following:

- Open a Finder window, and navigate to Library/Caches

- Move the folder com.omnigroup.OmniFocus to the Trash

- Relaunch OmniFocus

Does that help? If not, or if you have any other questions, as Curt said, contact our [EMAIL="omnifocus@omnigroup.com"]Support Ninjas[/EMAIL] by email and we'll troubleshoot from there.

Michael H. Gerloff 2010-05-17 01:11 AM

@hollywood I don't know if it worked for "newfie", but it worked for me perfectly. So, thanks a lot for your hint!
Michael

witz 2010-10-05 08:15 AM

removing the omnigroup folder from user/library/caches just did the trick for me as well. Issue popped up after an upgrade to Snow Leopard.

eglwolf 2011-02-20 11:50 AM

Hollywood, thanks. This worked for me as well. The problem occurred after I ran the app CleanMyMac. Maybe something got messed up when it cleaned the caches and libraries.

jeremyk 2011-08-06 12:44 AM

I have the same problem, and it occurs after every time I run CleanMyMac -- any clues has to how to stop CleanMyMac interfering?

Thanks

CatOne 2011-08-06 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=jeremyk;100325]I have the same problem, and it occurs after every time I run CleanMyMac -- any clues has to how to stop CleanMyMac interfering?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Tell it to not clean caches.

Or, quit _all_ applications before running it, and reboot IMMEDIATELY after cleaning caches. It's a REALLY bad idea to clobber caches underneath an app while it's running.

Frankly, the best thing is to just not use "clean my mac" more than once a year or so. It's not necessary.

jimmygster 2011-10-18 01:02 PM

I had the same problem and I fixed by running "rebuild database" under the Omnifocus "file" menu

gradualist 2012-01-23 06:21 AM

I had the same problem. My Library/Caches folder didn't have the folder mentioned above and I couldn't quit, but I found the rebuild database solution recommended by jimmygster worked for me. HOWEVER! I lost all the changes I'd made since the problems started happening (luckily only earlier today) so if you do this, make a copy of everything you've added recently or try doing a backup.

The problem started happening after I used MacKeeper's cleaning utility (while Omnifocus was running) so I guess that explains it.