The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus Extras (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Send from OmniPlan to OmniFocus (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15448)

RobTrew 2010-02-27 11:06 AM

Send from OmniPlan TO OmniFocus

Here is an illustrative first draft, which transfers any activities selected in [B]OmniPlan[/B] (with their sub-activities) to a new date-stamped folder in OF.

[COLOR="White"]--[/COLOR]

[CODE]-- ver 0.2 (Exports to an OF Folder, rather than making all tasks children of the same project)

-- All activities selected in OmniPlan GUI transferred (with their descendants) to
-- a new date-stamped *folder* in OmniFocus, and each parent element selected in OP becomes a project in the OF folder,
-- with the descendent OP sub-tasks exported as a hierarchy of OF tasks
--
-- An alternative line shown in the FillofProj() function would exclude transfer of estimated minutes

property pstrOFProjectName : "OmniPlan import"

on run
set lstTasks to OPSelected()

if length of lstTasks > 0 then
PlaceInOF(lstTasks)
else
display dialog "Select parent task(s) in OmniPlan, and try again"
end if
end run

-- Get a nested list of the selected OmniPlan activities
on OPSelected()
tell application "OmniPlan"
tell front window
set lstOPTasks to selected tasks
if (count of lstOPTasks) > 0 then
return my Tasks2NameList(lstOPTasks)
else
return {}
end if
end tell
end tell
end OPSelected

-- -- Translate OmniPlan activities to a nested list of activity names
on Tasks2NameList(lstOPTasks)
using terms from application "OmniPlan"
set lstTasks to {}
repeat with oTask in lstOPTasks
tell oTask
set lstChiln to child tasks
if (lstChiln is not missing value) and (length of lstChiln) > 0 then
set end of lstTasks to {name, my Tasks2NameList(lstChiln), starting date, ending date, note, duration / 60}
else
set end of lstTasks to {name, {}, starting date, ending date, note, duration / 60}
end if
end tell
end repeat
return lstTasks
end using terms from
end Tasks2NameList

-- Place nested list of activity names in a new OF project
on PlaceInOF(lstActivities)
if length of lstActivities > 0 then
tell application "OmniFocus"
tell front document
set oFolder to make new folder with properties {name:pstrOFProjectName & " " & my SysDate()}
my FillOFFolder(oFolder, lstActivities)
end tell
end tell
end if
end PlaceInOF

on SysDate()
current date
end SysDate

-- Transfer activities to the specified project (or parent task)
on FillOFFolder(oFolder, lstActivities)
using terms from application "OmniFocus"
tell oFolder
repeat with oAct in lstActivities
set {strName, lstChiln, dteStart, dteDue, strNote, lngMins} to oAct
if strNote is missing value then
set oProj to make new project with properties {name:strName, start date:dteStart, due date:dteDue, estimated minutes:lngMins}
-- set oProj to make new project with properties {name:strName, start date:dteStart, due date:dteDue}
else
set oProj to make new project with properties {name:strName, start date:dteStart, due date:dteDue, note:strNote, estimated minutes:lngMins}
-- set oProj to make new project with properties {name:strName, start date:dteStart, due date:dteDue, note:strNote}
end if
if length of lstChiln > 0 then
my FillOFProj(oProj, lstChiln)
end if
end repeat
end tell
end using terms from
end FillOFFolder

-- Transfer activities to the specified project (or parent task)
on FillOFProj(oProj, lstActivities)
using terms from application "OmniFocus"
tell oProj
repeat with oAct in lstActivities
set {strName, lstChiln, dteStart, dteDue, strNote, lngMins} to oAct
if strNote is missing value then
-- set oTask to make new task with properties {name:strName, start date:dteStart, due date:dteDue, estimated minutes:lngMins}
set oTask to make new task with properties {name:strName, start date:dteStart, due date:dteDue}
else
-- set oTask to make new task with properties {name:strName, start date:dteStart, due date:dteDue, note:strNote, estimated minutes:lngMins}
set oTask to make new task with properties {name:strName, start date:dteStart, due date:dteDue, note:strNote}
end if
if length of lstChiln > 0 then
my FillOFProj(oTask, lstChiln)
end if
end repeat
end tell
end using terms from
end FillOFProj[/CODE]

livesey 2010-03-06 05:42 AM

works just fine! i needed this feature so much! thanx!

sflore8 2010-05-22 01:31 AM

I want to try this in OF but keep getting a syntax error in Applescript editor.

RobTrew 2010-05-22 03:56 AM

[QUOTE=sflore8;77538]I want to try this [B]in OF[/B] but keep getting a syntax error in Applescript editor.[/QUOTE]

What does the error say ?

(I wonder if your use of the phrase "[B]in OF[/B]" is a clue, as this is an applescript to be used in [B]Omniplan[/B] for sending selected actions, and their children, [B]to[/B] OmniFocus)

hughf 2010-05-23 09:47 AM

Hi,

I'm looking for the opposite capability. To be able to export directly to Omniplan format from Omni Focus. It seems such an obvious ommission

Hugh

RobTrew 2010-05-23 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=hughf;77562]I'm looking for the opposite capability. To be able to export directly to Omniplan format from Omni Focus[/QUOTE]

There is a OmniFocus --> OmniPlan script at

[URL="http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15447"]http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15447[/URL]

platonium 2010-09-17 10:11 AM

You rule! Thank you very much.

sschultestrathaus 2011-03-08 12:06 PM

Script tweak needed if OmniPlan bought via AppStore

I just bought OmniPlan and needed to change the scripts to exchange data between OF and OP.

The Application ID changed to:-
com.omnigroup.OmniPlan.MacAppStore

After that "fix", both scripts are doing well.

Regards,
Stefan

RobTrew 2011-03-08 01:55 PM

[QUOTE=sschultestrathaus;94516]I just bought OmniPlan and needed to change the scripts to exchange data between OF and OP.

The Application ID changed to:-
com.omnigroup.OmniPlan.MacAppStore

After that "fix", both scripts are doing well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know, I hadn't heard that Apple have different bundle identifiers for AppStore versions, and I've amended the script above to use:

[CODE]application "OmniPlan"[/CODE]

which should, I think, work with both versions.

(Pre-app store, Apple's own advice was to use the [B]id + bundlename[/B] identification of applications, on the grounds that these were less likely to change, between versions, than the [B]name[/B] property. Sounds like quite a lot of scripts may now have to be edited if others are to use them with AppStore-purchased versions :-)

As it happens, I notice that the execution speed seems to be marginally faster using the application [I]name[/I] idiom ...

001shu 2011-09-09 07:24 PM

how can i use this script?

hello

Im a newbie of omnigroup product.

I was looking for the way to sending tasks in omniplan to omnifocus today, and i found this thread.

Id really love to use this script, but I couldnt figure out how to install this script and use it , although i googled the way to use applescript in omniplan.

Please anyone help me out !

Thanks,