The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus Extras (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ofexport - export to text, taskpaper, html, opml (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=29081)

kingsinger 2013-06-08 02:32 PM

Also, I'm using IcalSync2 on both by android tablet and my phone. So the difference between the phone and the tablet are as follows:

(a) Different version of Android (4.0 vs. 2.3); and

(b) and different calendar app (on tablet it's the stock calendar app that comes with the cm9 ROM I'm running--although it also seems to work correctly in stock google calendar app; on phone it's an app called calendroid, although I get the same behavior with the HTC stock calendar that shipped with the phone).

Just downloaded a different calendar app to phone and had same problem. So it must have something to do with the way Android 2.3 parses .ics vs. the way Android 4.0 does it.

23dex 2013-06-27 03:38 PM

Thank you psidnell for all the work on this!

I have things working on my machine now, and I can do a basic export. I am having a little bit of trouble understanding how some of the options work, so I wanted to ask about how one would do some things.

Basically, I'd like to export (just to plain text), my non-completed tasks that are due in the next two weeks (or some type of time). I assume there's some way to do this with the "due=" setting, but I am not able to figure it out.

For example, this works for to show tasks due in June:
[CODE]ofexport -E -a done=any -I -t "due=June"[/CODE]

I would like to change this so I could run this every morning, and always report on the next two weeks worth of due tasks. What is the best way to do something like this?

thanks!
Dex

psidnell 2013-06-27 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=23dex;125770]Thank you psidnell for all the work on this![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[QUOTE=23dex;125770]I have things working on my machine now, and I can do a basic export. I am having a little bit of trouble understanding how some of the options work, so I wanted to ask about how one would do some things.[/QUOTE]

It's not for the feint of heart :-)

[QUOTE=23dex;125770]Basically, I'd like to export (just to plain text), my non-completed tasks that are due in the next two weeks (or some type of time). I assume there's some way to do this with the "due=" setting, but I am not able to figure it out.

I would like to change this so I could run this every morning, and always report on the next two weeks worth of due tasks. What is the best way to do something like this?[/QUOTE]

You probably found the date syntax documentation [URL="https://github.com/psidnell/ofexport/blob/master/DOCUMENTATION.md#filtering-with-dates"]here[/URL] but things are made more complex by the need to [URL="https://github.com/psidnell/ofexport/blob/master/DOCUMENTATION.md#spaces-and-quotes"]carefully quote things[/URL] to get them through the shell unscathed, that's what catches most people out.

It doesn't have anything like multipliers for the date specs e.g. 2 weeks or 14 days (not a bad idea though), the nearest it can get is:

[CODE]ofexport -a "due='today to next fri'" -a prune | more
ofexport -a "due='today to 2013-07-08'" -a prune | more[/CODE]

The reason I've used -a instead of -t here as that the latter applies only to tasks, whereas the former applies to anything applicable (projects and tasks). I'm guessing you'd want to see tasks without a due date that are in a project with a due date.

Athmet 2013-07-01 11:51 AM

First, thanks for making this. I've been looking for something like this for a while.

Second, I'm having an issue getting all this working with Hazel. I have the script to run, which looks like this:

[CODE]#!/bin/bash

FILE=/Users/XXXXXX/Dropbox/Public/report.txt

. /Users/XXXXXX/.bashrc
ofexport -p 'name="Home Projects"' --tasks -t done=none -T flat -o "$FILE"[/CODE]

It works when I activate it myself, but hazel doesn't see to want to make it work.

I'm a bit of a noob with command line and scripting, but I learn fast. Any suggestions?

Athmet 2013-07-01 12:09 PM

Just to give all the info I can, the script in Hazel is:

[CODE]. /Users/athmet/.bashrc
/Users/athmet/Dropbox/public/of_statusboard[/CODE]

Helps to have all the info I guess.

psidnell 2013-07-01 09:39 PM

[QUOTE=Athmet;125854]Just to give all the info I can, the script in Hazel is:

[CODE]. /Users/athmet/.bashrc
/Users/athmet/Dropbox/public/of_statusboard[/CODE]

Helps to have all the info I guess.[/QUOTE]

I had similar issues, [URL="https://github.com/psidnell/ofexport/blob/master/documentation/Hazel.md"]does this help[/URL]?

23dex 2013-07-25 09:18 AM

does ofexport work with OF 2?

Thanks again, psidnell! I have something working now that does a daily export that emails me with upcoming things. My script is truly lame, but it works ok.

I just got invited into the OF2 beta, after having signed up on the site a few months ago. I seem to remember that ofexport could have issues if the OF schema changes in the sqllite database. Have you gotten a chance to test ofexport with OF 2? I wouldn't be surprised if OF2 introduces some schema changes.

RobTrew 2013-07-25 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=23dex;126459]I just got invited into the OF2 beta, after having signed up on the site a few months ago. I seem to remember that ofexport could have issues if the OF schema changes in the sqllite database. Have you gotten a chance to test ofexport with OF 2? I wouldn't be surprised if OF2 introduces some schema changes.[/QUOTE]

I think your scripting should serve you well for a while – no immediate prospect of changes to the sqlite schema. OF2 will essentially be a new skin around vintage wine. There may be some Applescript changes to the UI level, but the table and field structure haven't changed.

In addition, the first draft of the beta (the one that can be downloaded) was a very preliminary and experimental sketch, not a full implementation even of existing OF1 functionality – you probably won't find yourself using it regularly, and even the visual level of it now being revised, to make sure that it promotes the user content more than itself, and majors more on good information design than on decorative upholstery and visual allusion.

psidnell 2013-07-25 11:24 PM

[QUOTE=23dex;126459]I just got invited into the OF2 beta, after having signed up on the site a few months ago. I seem to remember that ofexport could have issues if the OF schema changes in the sqllite database. Have you gotten a chance to test ofexport with OF 2? I wouldn't be surprised if OF2 introduces some schema changes.[/QUOTE]

I never tried it out myself, but other people did and gave me a patch for the DB location. Nobody reported any problems, but that's all I know at the moment.

As Rob said, currently OF2 is very preliminary - I was going to wait until it's much nearer release and stabilised before dealing with any issues.

23dex 2013-07-28 09:12 AM

Thanks Rob and Paul for the info. If OF2 is still changing a fair amount maybe I'll go ahead and wait for a bit to test it out.

Thanks! And thanks to both of you for the tools you've created for use with OF!