The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Projects you do NOT do (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=7899)

librarymonkey27 2008-05-03 06:27 PM

Projects you do NOT do

I have had a couple projects/todo items that I didn't do.

Go to Play on Friday

The run is over, so I can't put it on hold or defer it to a later date.

I don't really want to delete it, don't want to mark it done...

what would others do?

brest 2008-05-03 07:28 PM

[QUOTE=librarymonkey27;36263]I have had a couple projects/todo items that I didn't do.

Go to Play on Friday

The run is over, so I can't put it on hold or defer it to a later date.

I don't really want to delete it, don't want to mark it done...

what would others do?[/QUOTE]

You can mark projects 'dropped' afaik.

jonwalthour 2008-05-04 03:31 AM

Yes, to mark the project "Dropped" would be the thing to do IMHO.

librarymonkey27 2008-05-04 04:50 AM

ty

thank you

I will try that

yucca 2008-05-04 08:07 AM

Presumably you want to be reminded to do something with this project at some point in the future. Therefore, you may want to put this on your "someday/maybe" list.

librarymonkey27 2008-05-04 03:57 PM

no

No, it is something that can't happen again, since the art exhibit has moved on..

Toadling 2008-05-04 09:07 PM

I think "Dropped" is the way to go. I believe that is what Omni Group intended with that state, and that's what I do on my system.

yucca 2008-05-05 10:35 PM

You are not keeping it for reference, and you are not interested in keeping it for possible future action (like catching the exhibit in another city). I guess I don't get it. Why not just delete it?

BwanaZulia 2008-05-06 05:49 AM

If I am NEVER going to do it, I mark it as dropped.

If I MIGHT do it, I put it on hold and it shows up once a month in my Weekly Review as I set all projects default to review once a month.

BZ

librarymonkey27 2008-05-06 07:48 PM

[quote=yucca;36334]You are not keeping it for reference, and you are not interested in keeping it for possible future action (like catching the exhibit in another city). I guess I don't get it. Why not just delete it?[/quote]

1) I don't like to throw things away

2) perhaps it is a reoccuring event, but not the same each year. High School Musical. This year "Sound of Music" next year "Grease" If I want to look at what I did or didn't do last year, I can notice that it is early April when the play was last year

2b) if I have what I didn't do, but a similar event is going to happen, I can copy and change it to make it suitable for this year

3) might have some details that will be relevant for other events: For example, did not see the Matisse Exhibit at the Toledo Museum of Art, but if I want to call them for a summer calendar of 2008 --- I may have an e-mail or phone number attached to that event I didn't do (and did not delete)

I probably could think of more, but it is late and I am tired