The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniWeb Feature Requests (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Support multiple keychain entries for a site (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=411)

placebo 2006-05-07 03:18 AM

Support multiple keychain entries for a site

I have several accounts at some sites, like gmail. OmniWeb, however, will auto-fill information for only one account, which is really inconvenient when I want to log in to a different account and defeats the purpose of storing passwords in the keychain. It would be great if OmniWeb would behave like Safari in this regard. Typing the first few letters of the account name would bring up a list of possible matches and selecting one would fill in the proper password.

troyb 2006-05-08 05:15 PM

Supporting multiple bookmarks is something we'd certainly like to add in the future. I can't give a time frame but it probably wont be added before we release OmniWeb 5.5.

jmazzi@gmail.com 2006-07-17 09:01 AM

I would also like to have this feature added.

Nat 2006-07-18 04:32 AM

I think you should work a lot on the form fill code.
OW doesn't work also if you have different password form on different URI of the same site.

troyb 2006-07-18 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=Nat]I think you should work a lot on the form fill code.
OW doesn't work also if you have different password form on different URI of the same site.[/QUOTE]

This is actually for security reasons. We used to only check the domain but decided to stop doing this once potential security holes were pointed out.

Bob Williams 2006-07-18 11:41 PM

Unfortunately, a lot of sites, especially those of major companies, tend to have constantly changing URLs, which presents a problem with OW. On these sites, it's not unusual to see both the 3rd-level domain and the file path change.

I even seem to remember this creating the effect on one or two sites of having multiple username/password combinations stored in the keychain by OW, with the end-effect being that multiple loads of the same page end up with a different login pre-filled each time depending on which server happens to handle your request.

Nat 2006-07-19 01:02 AM

[QUOTE=troyb]This is actually for security reasons. We used to only check the domain but decided to stop doing this once potential security holes were pointed out.[/QUOTE]

Which are the security issues ?
The latest Safari save everything without problems :)

troyb 2006-07-19 09:42 AM

Actually, to my knowledge we behave the same way that Safari and Firefox do. We pay attention to the full domain (including 3rd ,2nd and 1st levels) I don't think the rest of the URL matters.

If you have examples that work in those browsers but don't in OmniWeb feel free to point me at them.

Nat 2006-07-19 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=troyb]Actually, to my knowledge we behave the same way that Safari and Firefox do. We pay attention to the full domain (including 3rd ,2nd and 1st levels) I don't think the rest of the URL matters.

If you have examples that work in those browsers but don't in OmniWeb feel free to point me at them.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but they are internal sites (and the site is SSLed)...
However if should simply to reproduce...
You just need to have two forms on two different folder of the same site which need two different username & password to login.
For example:
[url]www.omnigroup.com/app1[/url] with username1 & password1
[url]www.omnigroup.com/app2[/url] with username2 & password2

Forrest 2006-07-19 02:24 PM

I have two gmail accounts. I tried them both in SP17 and Safari. SP17 reacted just like Safari.