The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus for iPhone (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   OF crashes when I try to select contexts or projects? (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=17407)

ekebergandersen 2010-08-17 08:12 AM

OF crashes when I try to select contexts or projects?

After I updated OF on my iPod Touch, whenever I enter a new item (or want to edit an already existing item) and select "contexts" or "projects", OF stops and returns me to the main screen of the iPod.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I´ve reinstalled OF and it is still the same...

Regards,

RoloDMonkey 2010-08-17 08:30 AM

Same Thing Here

I am seeing the same thing. I just upgraded and now it is crashing.

ekebergandersen 2010-08-17 09:18 AM

Hmm, I wrote Support to let them know about it as well...
Still waiting for their reply.

schrotz 2010-08-17 09:23 AM

Same problem - luckily i haven't updated to iTunes.
I hope i can get back to the 1.7.0 version from there.

This bug is really a killer.

Feedback from support would be great.

HuConn 2010-08-17 09:59 AM

Having the same problem and wonder if it is possible to downgrade to the previous version?
- I have not synced with iTunes so the old version is there.
- Can I delete the new version from the iPhone and then sync with iTunes?

Would be most grateful for an answer, since I am having big troubles with all may work and planning now :)

Steves71 2010-08-17 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=HuConn;83696]Having the same problem and wonder if it is possible to downgrade to the previous version?
- I have not synced with iTunes so the old version is there.
- Can I delete the new version from the iPhone and then sync with iTunes?

Would be most grateful for an answer, since I am having big troubles with all may work and planning now :)[/QUOTE]

Yes if you delete from your phone then connect to iTunes you can reinstall the previous version of an app just fine. Just make doubly sure you have synced OF or ALL data will be lost.

HuConn 2010-08-17 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=Steves71;83706]Yes if you delete from your phone then connect to iTunes you can reinstall the previous version of an app just fine. Just make doubly sure you have synced OF or ALL data will be lost.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I will try that

Steves71 2010-08-18 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=fixpod;83758]i tired this but my pone hang up when i try to reinstall ![/QUOTE]

There is something very wrong about that. I've downgraded plenty of apps before and never had that happen. Only did it once with OmniFocus when it first went from version 1.6 to 1.7 and that went without a hitch. All I can think of is after removing it from your phone reboot before trying to install the previous version just incase for some reason parts of the app are still in ram.

Brian 2010-08-18 02:08 PM

Sorry for the trouble, everyone - we found a spot in the code where OmniFocus for iPhone is using an iOS 3.2 feature without checking the version of the OS the device was running. Folks on iOS 3.1.x or earlier would crash when that code ran.

We've submitted OmniFocus for iPhone 1.7.2 to Apple with a fix for this, and we've asked for an expedited review.

Brian 2010-08-18 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=Steves71;83772]There is something very wrong about that.[/QUOTE]

Steve, I hate to say it, but I suspect that poster was a spammer. It was their first post on the forums, and their quote was edited to include a link to a website with a title very similar to their user name. They were hoping that google would up their page rank based on the link coming from our forums.

I've removed the link, but I'll leave the post in place; if I'm wrong about the posters' motives, I'll apologize in advance and they can correct me...