The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus for iPad (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Projects appearing in No Context view (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=23667)

Cike 2012-03-13 05:11 AM

Projects appearing in No Context view

I'm trying to figure out why miscellaneous projects are showing up in my ipad context view under "no context". I want to get rid of them because they are cluttering up my lists.

I would understand their presence if I had actually added a context but these have none. If I add a real context, the projects move to that list as I would expect. When I remove the context, the projects return to the "No Context" list.

This is only a smattering of projects. It seems random, but I wonder if these are projects that I originally created as tasks in my Inbox but then converted to projects and now they still think they are supposed to have contexts.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Cike

whpalmer4 2012-03-13 08:05 AM

They have no context assigned, therefore they show up in the "no context" list. They do only show up as Available if they have no further actions to be completed, which is your cue to either add some or complete the project (or drop it or put it on hold).

If you don't like seeing projects and action groups in your context lists, you can disable the behavior by unchecking "In Context Mode: [] Show Projects and Action Groups" in the Data Preferences in OmniFocus for Mac (the setting is synced).

If you only have the iOS app, turning off the option is a bit trickier. Open Safari on your iOS app and visit this URL (it may be necessary to copy and paste it):

[URL="omnifocus:///change-setting?ContextModeShowsParents=false"]omnifocus:///change-setting?ContextModeShowsParents=false[/URL]

[code]
omnifocus:///change-setting?ContextModeShowsParents=false
[/code]
(yes, there are supposed to be 3 '/' characters, not 2)

cheys03 2012-05-08 11:01 PM

[QUOTE=whpalmer4;108262]They have no context assigned, therefore they show up in the "no context" list. They do only show up as Available if they have no further actions to be completed, which is your cue to either add some or complete the project (or drop it or put it on hold).

If you don't like seeing projects and action groups in your context lists, you can disable the behavior by unchecking "In Context Mode: [] Show Projects and Action Groups" in the Data Preferences in OmniFocus for Mac (the setting is synced).

If you only have the iOS app, turning off the option is a bit trickier. Open Safari on your iOS app and visit this URL (it may be necessary to copy and paste it):

[code]
omnifocus:///change-setting?ContextModeShowsParents=false
[/code]
(yes, there are supposed to be 3 '/' characters, not 2)[/QUOTE]

Please can you tell me if there is a similar setting applicable to Forecast mode on the iPad. I have tried modifying the above settings link to' ForecastMode' instead of 'ContextMode', but no luck.
Many thanks

whpalmer4 2012-05-09 02:10 PM

None of which I am aware.

cheys03 2012-05-09 11:16 PM

Thank you anyway, and for your context setting above.