The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus for iPad (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Updating often requires relaunching the app (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=17290)

HiramvdG 2010-08-11 12:37 AM

Updating often requires relaunching the app

I find that quite often, listings don't update unless I quit and relaunch the app. I will change the due date of a task, for instance, in the forecast view, but it won't move to its new due day until I quit and relaunch; or I'll create a new task, with context and project defined, but it stays unperturbed in the inbox until I quit and relaunch.

Of course I reported this to the OmniGroup support people, but it might help if more people did, when they run into the same problem — not because I think it will not be given enough priority (it's obviously a serious flaw), but because their descriptions of the problem the circumstances under which it occurs may help the coders in their efforts to fix this.

curt.clifton 2010-08-11 03:21 AM

There's a known bug with update. I think it's been fixed in 1.0.2, which has been submitted to Apple for approval.

PeteC 2010-08-20 01:32 AM

[QUOTE=curt.clifton;83225]There's a known bug with update. I think it's been fixed in 1.0.2, which has been submitted to Apple for approval.[/QUOTE]

I'm still having this problem with 1.0.2. It may have started happening after syncing with the Omni Sync Server was interrupted.

I now have to edit a few actions, restart OminFocus, edit more items, restart, repeat, to make sure the available status of my actions are showing correctly.

Cheers
Pete

kerplunk 2010-08-20 01:49 AM

I'm still having this problem with 1.0.2 also. Hasn't been fixed as far as I can tell.

hermann 2010-08-20 08:02 AM

Not fixed yet

I'm still having this problem with 1.0.2 also. Hasn't been fixed.
But I'm shure, the Omnigroup employes will do that soon.

Brian 2010-08-20 04:05 PM

Fix for this is still incoming, but we shipped 1.0.2 without it. We figured folks would want the crash fixes in that release as soon as possible.

We don't have a solid repro case for this bug yet, but they have managed to observe it a couple of times and are working on a fix based on what they've seen happen.

(If anyone does come up with a way to reliably/predictably reproduce the problem, emailing the steps to trigger the bug to [EMAIL="omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com"]the support ninjas[/EMAIL] would help them test their theories/fixes.)

wolfneuralnet 2010-08-23 09:04 AM

I consistently have this bug, it is not intermittent, and I reported it as well. Anything I can do to help?

whpalmer4 2010-08-23 10:17 AM

I've noticed that at least on some occasions, marking an action complete clears up the lingering display problems for other actions.

hypotyposis 2010-08-24 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=whpalmer4;84126]I've noticed that at least on some occasions, marking an action complete clears up the lingering display problems for other actions.[/QUOTE]

So you're using bug fixing as an excuse to get things done? ;-)

whpalmer4 2010-08-24 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=hypotyposis;84211]So you're using bug fixing as an excuse to get things done? ;-)[/QUOTE]
Nope. I'm using this as a justification to read and post to the forum :D

When I come across something that looks like it might take more than a minute or two to answer (because I'm on the iPad and it's a Mac issue, or I want to test the suggestion, or maybe I don't have time to finish the answer I've started), I send the URL off to OmniFocus. Then when I have a display that won't update, I can pull out one of those actions and feel good about posting instead of doing some "real work" because it will update the display! How's that for a rationalization?