The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniPlan General (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   multiple projects with staff resources (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=2155)

zosont 2007-01-08 08:54 AM

Vote++

Count me in for a vote on this one. It is a feature that would certainly be very useful.
:D

justjerome 2007-01-08 03:29 PM

Need the feature too, but...

I'm with the group here, we'd love to see this feature delivered in the next release. ;) However, I'd like to report that we've had good success managing multiple projects in a single plan. I'm running a Dual 533 G4 with 768 MB RAM and had great performance managing over 8 projects with more than 25 resources. All in all, this is a great 1.0 Product Offering.

blindmouse 2007-02-08 01:39 PM

Me too!

Please add my vote for this feature as well.

OP is already a fantastic app, but no multi-project views and resource sharing is what prevents me from using it.

To have that featureset in OP's interface would be totally ideal.

mprewitt 2007-02-09 08:04 AM

Add my vote, too.

At the moment, I'm managing my department as a single project file. Each root tasks represents one department project. It works OK, but gets a little unwieldy at times. (I have 15 projects at the moment -- as tasks in a single project file.)

While it's nice you can open multiple project files on screen, and balance resource availability between them manually, it quickly becomes tedious. Especially when the number of concurrent project varies, staff involvement with a particular project changes over time, etc., etc. There really needs to be an automated system.

pslade 2007-02-09 02:09 PM

Please add my vote also

skwirl 2007-02-14 04:12 PM

blindmouse, mprewitt, and pslade:

Your votes have been added. :)

Lizard 2007-02-15 09:46 AM

[I think I posted this on the wrong thread -- sorry! Still waking up, I guess.]

bryfalcon 2007-02-23 10:06 AM

Add another vote "to multiple projects with staff resources" feature

We also need the ability to manage a list of resources across multiple projects.

Related to this we need a way to set the percentage of a "resource allocated" at x% (not a specific value)

In other words, if we have two projects A and B:

Task A is set at 100 hours
Task B is set at 10 hours

We want Task B to start a week after Task A starts and to be worked on for 25% of the time till it is done.

Thus Task A starts at a 100% and then moves to 75% for the duration of Task B, and then returns to 100% after B completes.

I would like to lock in the percentage for Task B, but let Task A adjust itself as Task B starts and completes.

Is this going to be possible in OmniPlan in the future?

tintub 2007-02-28 01:34 PM

Please add my vote too. Can you tell us how this issue is doing and when we might see this feature added to Omniplan?

basic612 2007-03-06 07:57 PM

We've just evaluated OmniPlan and it looks great for our needs. I'm looking forward to adding this program to our suite of Omni products, however tracking multiple projects (ideally with a 'Master Project' type overview and resource allocation / checking between projects) is a must for us before we buy.

I would appreciate hearing where this feature was at in Omni's development roadmap - are we likely to see this soon? Will it be a part of 1.1.X or 1.2.x or will it be a 2.x feature?

Inquiring minds want to know!

PS> add my vote in case you had not guessed already.