The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus Syncing (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Sync problems (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8674)

dennersten 2008-07-14 02:09 PM

Sync problems
 
I have Omnifocus 1.1, Omnifocus for Iphone.

I manage to sync correctly from 1.1 to Idisk. I manage to log in with safari to actually confirm that the database actually is there,

But...

I can't get the Iphone client to work. The reply is whatever i do:

"unable to perform WebDAV operation"
"The Server returned an error 402. Payment required"

i have so far tried:
* I can't get the autosetup thing to work between desktop and iphone.
* So i am writing it manually
* I have tried:
- [url]https://idisk.mac.com/dennersten/Documents[/url]
- [url]https://idisk.mac.com/dennersten/Documents/[/url]
- [url]http://idisk.mac.com/dennersten/Documents/[/url]
- [url]https://idisk.mac.com/dennersten/Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus[/url]
- [url]http://idisk.mac.com/dennersten/Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus[/url]

All of the above written on the idisk page, together with the accountname. I have never touched the Webdav page.

I have also tried to log in from Safari on the Iphone. That worked good.

I have also tried to reinstall. I have also tried with creating a database first before sync. And i have tried to not create before sync. With the same result all the time, the same boring message.


Thanks in advance!

nleaman 2008-07-15 04:45 PM

I have the exact same problem.
"unable to perform WebDAV operation. The Server returned an error 402. Payment required"

nleaman 2008-07-15 06:19 PM

Think I found the problem. The Username in Settings should not include the "@mac.com" or "@me.com." It's working for me now.

dennersten 2008-07-16 02:08 AM

Sync problems
 
[QUOTE=nleaman;41032]Think I found the problem. The Username in Settings should not include the "@mac.com" or "@me.com." It's working for me now.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks ! Great, now it works for me also.

But ...

Could you please give me how the adresslink is constructedas the automatic setup does'nt work for me.

dennersten 2008-07-16 02:20 AM

I mean pathname
 
[QUOTE=dennersten;41074]Wow thanks ! Great, now it works for me also.

But ...

Could you please give me how the adresslink is constructedas the automatic setup does'nt work for me.[/QUOTE]

I mean pathname of course

dennersten 2008-07-16 03:00 AM

Problems
 
[QUOTE=dennersten;41076]I mean pathname of course[/QUOTE]

I erased the application, reinstalled it, and now everything works great! Very nice application!

madkat@mac.com 2008-07-18 11:11 AM

Tried all suggestions - used to work fine, now no Sync
 
[QUOTE=dennersten;41077]I erased the application, reinstalled it, and now everything works great! Very nice application![/QUOTE]

I'm quite frustrated now with this 402 WebDav payment required error. All used to work fine. Now I've tried everything: reinstall of OF iPhone App, Resetting database, but the Sync with Mac setting on my iPhone keep searching endlessly...finally returned one message before timing out: Wifi not found or on. I checked and yes it is working and fast. I don't care if I sync WebDav, iDisk, or to file, I just need it to Sync.

Also using latest version of Sneaky Peek as of 7/18/08

Please help - I love OF, and loved for a short time OF for iPhone.

noir 2008-07-19 01:47 PM

Hello.

The same problem (402 payment required) happened to me.

I have tried [url]https://idisk.me.com/username/Documents/[/url]
instead of [url]https://idisk.mac.com/username/Documents/[/url]

It worked, but "Sync with: WebDAV" is selected after
sync.

noir 2008-07-19 01:53 PM

Now it works with the original setting, i.e.
[url]https://idisk.mac.com/username/Documents/[/url]

I think it is a problem of MobileMe service.

whpalmer4 2008-07-20 07:35 AM

I had very reliable syncing through MobileMe up until sometime yesterday, when it stopped working, with that same "402 Payment Required" error. It was clearly a MobileMe problem, because I also was getting ".Mac login failed" errors from the .Mac preferences pane, on two different machines. I tried all the recommended things in the support document on the MobileMe site, including making fresh Mac OS X users. Finally a very pleasant woman named Ariel on the MobileMe chat support line was able to issue me a test ID to configure into .Mac, which worked perfectly and gave her some clues as to what the problem might be with my account (which dates back to the early days of iTools). She reset my account password, which seemed to be ineffective, and wrote the problem up for escalation, but within the next half hour or so it started working properly again.

Ariel and I had a brief chat about how very pleased we both were not to be the individual responsible for the MobileMe effort, or reporting the status of same to Steve Jobs :-)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.