The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Ominfocus keeps moving to Desktop 1 (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=22823)

kklein 2011-12-06 03:57 PM

Ominfocus keeps moving to Desktop 1

Omnifocus: 1.9.4

This has been happening ever since I upgraded to Lion.

I like to keep OF on the second desktop. However, when I switch over there to check something off or add a new task or any other interaction with OF, it immediately slides over to Desktop 1.

If I reboot, it will not do that for a little while, but at some point, it starts doing it again.

It's really annoying, and it happens on 3 different Macs, one of which had a full clean install of Lion (as in, installed on a brand-new drive).

I don't see any threads about this; is no one else having this?

SFF 2011-12-06 05:39 PM

Try this: When you are on Desktop 2 (or whatever Desktop you want to keep OF on), right click on the OF icon in the dock, click "Options", then click Assign To "This Desktop".

I believe the default is Assign To "None", which will make OF slide over to whatever Desktop it was first opened on.

Hopefully that will work for you.

kklein 2011-12-06 06:59 PM

Thanks for the reply, but...

First off, I don't really want to [I]permanently[/I] assign it to Desktop 2.

Secondly... Nope, even that didn't fix it. I assigned it to Desktop 2 and hit enter to add a new task. BAM, back to Desktop 1.

Bojan 2011-12-10 09:43 AM

I have the same problem, I am not sure what is causing it. Application restart seems to solve the problem temporarily

n8henrie 2012-02-03 03:03 PM

Just started having this problem this week. Can't remember if it was before or after the 10.7.3 update.

Anytime I click anything in OF, it switches out of Full Screen and goes to Desktop 1. There on desktop 1, it acts as if it's still in "full screen" (view -> 'exit full screen').

Same thing if it's not in full screen. Place in on Desktop 2 -> click something -> back to desktop 1 (though without thinking it's in full screen).

Same thing if I assign it to "this desktop" on Desktop 2.

Anybody else had this problem? Anyone found a fix?

EDIT: OSX 10.7.3, OF 1.9.4

Zack42 2012-02-04 05:43 PM

Same issue, same behavior, same OSX and OF. The full screen OF was on turns into a blank "linen" screen.

JakiChan 2012-02-06 02:13 PM

I am seeing the same behavior. I just upgraded from 10.6.X to 10.7.3. I'll have to check on my Air (which was 10.7 from the start).

philmur 2012-02-07 08:34 AM

apps not sticking

Check out today's (2/7) macworld.com site for an article, "Make apps appear correctly in Mission Control." Perhaps the above is not an OF problem? I'm still running 10.6.8, so I don't quite understand it.

JakiChan 2012-02-07 04:22 PM

Actually I had a similar problem with OF in 10.6. I would have it on "Space 3" and it would keep moving to 1.

n8henrie 2012-02-08 06:36 AM

Thanks for the article, but I'm not sure if that's the same problem (since the fullscreen component doesn't involve being assigned to a certain desktop), and since this isn't happening in any other application. OF has always been a little buggy about fullscreen (for example when I click an intra-app URL to a different perspective, instead of going there it opens a new window which then expands to fullscreen, the overall animation taking a second or two instead of just changing perspectives).