The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniGraffle General (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   v5.3 Performance Degradation under Lion (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=21773)

DerekM 2011-08-05 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=whpalmer4;100305]Derek, when did such a feature get implemented for OmniGraffle? I have never seen it anywhere but OmniPlan...[/QUOTE]

A long time ago, OG 4 had it, it just didn't have the option to send it ungibberized.

pjp 2011-08-05 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One possible culprit here is that the first canvas of your document is somewhat complex, and Quick Look is taking a while to generate a preview upon save.

To turn this off, uncheck the "Include Quick Look Preview" checkbox in the Document Inspector. (See attached screenshot.)

Does that help?

bhockley 2011-08-08 11:31 PM

Opening in Lion what was once created in the old OS.

I created a document in 5.3 OmniGraffle and after installing Lion, I re-opened the same document to find that all Fields dropdowns and shape outlines or strokes had disappeared. Pretty frustrating as the wireframes are from an Admin platform with loads of fields. Icon/pictures where also missing. not impressed. When is the next update?

kyle212 2011-08-09 07:57 AM

Turning off Quick Look resolved this problem for me completely.

dhunter 2011-09-14 06:07 AM

I'm getting a lot of lag while typing text and moving objects around. No spinning balls, but the lag is driving me crazy. Type a few words, wait a few seconds for it to catch up. I don't remember it doing this prior to lion. I really hope a solution will be in the works so I can continue using OmniGraffle.

kkelly 2011-09-17 05:50 AM

Turning off quick look worked for me

I experienced same symptoms -- swirling rainbow, 2 second delay, on every return to the application. Unchecking quicklook made the problem go away. Painful since no one buys for quicklook preview, but everyone buys to draw a diagram and everyone (on Lion at least) is effected.

On another note...the forum signup process is pretty harsh. Made me think/work pretty hard just to add this 'me too' note.

voxmia 2011-09-22 06:10 PM

5.3.3 release has made problem worse

I love Omnigraffle and rely on it quite a bit.

HOWEVER, the latest release 5.3.3 has made the already frustrating experience of running Omnigraffle on Lion even worse.

Now, in addition to spinning rainbow ball, I've experienced the following:

* Unable to save doc
* When zooming doc to fit in screen, it only fills about a third of my screen/aligned bottom
* Auto-resizing doc is on a fritz / uncontrollable (I can't control the doc size)
* Unable to edit steps in grid (stuck at 8 by default)
* When I change paper orientation from vertical to horizontal using Page set up, it does not change the orientation of my canvas

Bottom line, 5.3.3 release has made my installation of Omnigraffle useless.

Would really appreciate a fix soon.

Thank you very much.

Brian 2011-09-23 02:34 PM

5.3.4 is now available via OmniGraffle's software updater. Please give it a try and let us know about any issues. Thanks!

(Note that Mac App Store customers will go straight from 5.3.2 to 5.3.4, once the new submission works through the App Store approval process.)

dpetrie 2011-09-28 03:19 AM

I am running 5.3.4 and I do not have an "Include Quick Look Preview" option under Document Inspector. My files do not include a Quick Look preview which I find frustrating since I have so many and I find Quick Look very useful.

dpetrie 2011-09-28 03:21 AM

Just looking at the release notes and I see in 5.3.3 that "Quick Look previews have been temporarily disabled on Lion". That explains my lack of "Include Quick Look Preview" option. :)