The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OS 10.6 - Clipping Shortcut problems [Thread Deprecated] (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13575)

matiascuba 2009-09-10 10:23 PM

I can just confirm this shortfall of cliipings in 10.6. One thing I noted too is that in the services menu you cannot use Shift-Key to create a short cut. I have been using Shift-< in Omnifocus for a long time. Also tried all of the above clearing caches, changing shortcuts, disabling and enabling a gain in the services menu etc. Nothing worked.

calumma 2009-09-11 07:59 AM

10.6.1 Disables clip-o-tron

Looks like the update to mail 4.1 (in OS 10.6.1) has caused more problems for the clip-o-tron. Mail now disables the plugin upon launch.

Ken Case 2009-09-11 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=calumma;66642]Looks like the update to mail 4.1 (in OS 10.6.1) has caused more problems for the clip-o-tron. Mail now disables the plugin upon launch.[/QUOTE]

The Clip-O-Tron is fixed in the latest [URL="http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnifocus/download/sneakypeek/"]OmniFocus 1.7.4 sneaky peek[/URL]. (You can reinstall it from there, then return to the stable 1.7.3 build if you like.)

Arrow 2009-09-11 12:24 PM

Just installed the sneaky peek and it allows me to right click on the mail item and use the service to clip to the inbox. But ctrl-k doesn't work. It just highlights the lowest item in the mail inbox.

derekr 2009-09-11 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=Arrow;66658]Just installed the sneaky peek and it allows me to right click on the mail item and use the service to clip to the inbox. But ctrl-k doesn't work. It just highlights the lowest item in the mail inbox.[/QUOTE]

We've found that quite a few Ctrl-* shortcuts aren't working. You may want to try something else for a bit.

Arrow 2009-09-11 01:31 PM

Do you have any suggestions for other shortcuts that you know work? I don't have any personal or unique shortcuts set up for anything else.

I've tried alt-k, ctrl-alt-k, alt-z, and a couple of others and can't get any of them to work.

I entered the new shortcut in the clippings box and then quit and started mail. I also tried quitting and restarting both OmniFocus and Mail.

No luck with any of them.

Ken Case 2009-09-11 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=Arrow;66664]Do you have any suggestions for other shortcuts that you know work?[/QUOTE]

My shortcut is working on 10.6: Shift-Command-Comma.

Arrow 2009-09-11 01:54 PM

Thanks! That worked.

Makes my day. The Clip-O-Tron is my favorite OmniFocus feature.

Sandpiper 2009-09-13 02:47 AM

Have followed suggestion about Sneeky Peek 1.7.4 and "re-installed" the plug in. On my MacBook Pro I use ctrl click and I get the send to OF inbox option which appears to work. I say appears since the following error message popped up at my first attempt:

Errors returned from handler <ScriptHandler:0x125c3e0 com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.ScriptHandler.Mail_Leopard NSBundle </Users/dodecaphonic/Desktop/OmniFocus1.7.4.app/Contents/PlugIns/BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin> (not yet loaded)>: {
NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier.";
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier.";
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -2741;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {1843, 7};
}

Just gone back to try again and error message no longer appears. But that is because I have now gone back to 1.7.3.

To conclude:
When clipping to 1.7.4 the error message appears but it seems that the main window of OF comes in front of mail with the quick entry window on top.

When clipping to 1.7.3 the error message appears but it seems that the main window of OF does not comes forward but the quick entry window is on top of my mail window.

Splinky 2009-09-13 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=Ken Case;66665]My shortcut is working on 10.6: Shift-Command-Comma.[/QUOTE]

I have had continual problems with the clip-o-tron - particularly its keyboard shortcut activation - on Snow Leopard.

I tried this exact key combo, and what do you know, it works!

Clearly I am following in the footsteps of greatness - thanks Ken!