The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus Extras (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Logging OmniFocus done items to DayOne through Hazel (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=27370)

RobTrew 2012-12-10 02:41 PM

Logging OmniFocus done items to DayOne through Hazel

A draft shell script which can be triggered by [URL="http://www.noodlesoft.com/hazel.php"]Hazel[/URL] whenever a change is detected in the OmniFocus Sqlite cache, and which logs OmniFocus done items to the [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/day-one/id422304217?mt=12"]Day One[/URL] journal application.

[URL="https://github.com/RobTrew/tree-tools/blob/master/OmniFocus%20scripts/Shell%20scripts%20for%20Geektool%20or%20logging/2012-12-10-omnifocus-done-to-DayOne-shellscript.md"]View description page[/URL]

[URL="https://github.com/RobTrew/tree-tools/blob/master/OmniFocus%20scripts/Shell%20scripts%20for%20Geektool%20or%20logging/OmniFocusLogDone2DayOne.sh"]View script[/URL]

[COLOR="White"]--[/COLOR]

Greg Jones 2012-12-11 01:36 AM

Greetings Rob, I installed the shell script, setup the Hazel rule as pictured, and set the Day One preferences to what you suggested. However, none of my completed tasks for today have (yet) been logged to Day One. Wondering if I have missed a step here? Looking at the shell script, there are references to a log folder and 3 log files-do these need to be set up manually or?

RobTrew 2012-12-11 01:55 AM

[QUOTE=Greg Jones;118244]Greetings Rob, I installed the shell script, setup the Hazel rule as pictured, and set the Day One preferences to what you suggested. However, none of my completed tasks for today have (yet) been logged to Day One. Wondering if I have missed a step here? Looking at the shell script, there are references to a log folder and 3 log files-do these need to be set up manually or?[/QUOTE]

Hi Greg,

That's interesting - thanks for the report.
No, no need to set up log files, and the default log folder is your home directory.

Things to check:[LIST=1][*]Is it creating ~/DoneToday.txt etc ?[*]Have you clicked the Done button in DayOne to clear any active editing session and reveal any text from other entry-creating events ?[*]Have you definitely copied the whole of the script and either pointed Hazel to a file containing it, or pasted it all into Hazel's 'Embedded Script' field ?[*]If it is creating the ~/DoneToday.txt etc files, what's in them? I wonder if there's a time zone issue which I haven't got right. I happen to be sitting here on an edge case - Greenwich Mean Time ...[/LIST]

Greg Jones 2012-12-11 02:52 AM

[QUOTE]Is it creating ~/DoneToday.txt etc ?[/quote]
Yes, I have all 3 files in my home directory

[quote]Have you clicked the Done button in DayOne to clear any active editing session and reveal any text from other entry-creating events ?[/quote]
Yes, have done this. I've tried completing a task when Day One was active, and completing a task when Day One was not running. No difference-there is no entry for the completed tasks.

[quote]Have you definitely copied the whole of the script and either pointed Hazel to a file containing it, or pasted it all into Hazel's 'Embedded Script' field ?[/quote]
I downloaded everything from your github page using the Download button and pointed the Hazel rule to the OmniFocusLogDone2DayOne.sh shell script. The script is version 0.02.

[quote]If it is creating the ~/DoneToday.txt etc files, what's in them? I wonder if there's a time zone issue which I haven't got right. I happen to be sitting here on an edge case - Greenwich Mean Time ...[/QUOTE]
The DoneToday and LoggedToday text files contain the completed tasks in the format:

cjetMpZGO96|2012-12-11|05:03|task project and task name
kWaHO1dkp49|2012-12-11|06:45|task project and task name

The JustDone text file is empty, and my time zone is Easter Standard.

RobTrew 2012-12-11 03:05 AM

Thanks ! If DoneToday.txt contains your done items, then the problem is with the logging to DayOne, rather than the harvesting of done items, and I realise that my covering notes (now [URL="https://github.com/RobTrew/tree-tools/blob/master/OmniFocus%20scripts/Shell%20scripts%20for%20Geektool%20or%20logging/2012-12-10-omnifocus-done-to-DayOne-shellscript.md"]amended[/URL] with the help of your feedback) omitted to mention that you need to install the DayOne [URL="http://dayoneapp.com/tools/"]command line tool [/URL]

Might that be the issue ?

Greg Jones 2012-12-11 03:25 AM

That would indeed be the issue. I wondered why your script referenced a CLI tool for Day One-just assumed it was part of the .app package.

It is working here now-thanks! Just to confirm the expected behavior, should there be a separate entry in Day One for each completed task?

RobTrew 2012-12-11 03:49 AM

[QUOTE=Greg Jones;118250]It is working here now-thanks![/QUOTE]

Good ! Thanks for the help with finding gaps in the documentation.

[QUOTE=Greg Jones;118250]Just to confirm the expected behavior, should there be a separate entry in Day One for each completed task?[/QUOTE]

The CLI makes one entry per event. My understanding of Hazel is that it is driven by events rather than intervals. If you select a bunch of tasks and mark them all as done, in a single event, they will end up in one entry.

If, however, you move through the page, ticking them off one by one, they will probably end up in different entries.

Might be worth experimenting, if you would prefer more clustering, with Hazel settings like "If the date last modified is in the last 10 minutes". I'm not sure exactly what the implementation of that is.

A line like:
[CODE]afplay /System/Library/Sounds/Pop.aiff[/CODE]
after the DayOne command line is called may help diagnosis.

RobTrew 2012-12-11 04:29 AM

Something like this seems to yield sparser and more aggregated logging events, if that seems preferable:

[IMG]https://raw.github.com/RobTrew/tree-tools/master/OmniFocus%20scripts/Shell%20scripts%20for%20Geektool%20or%20logging/HazelLoggingIntervals.png[/IMG]

(But you may need to add a separate and additional ruleset for the same folder to log at one or more fixed times every day, 14:00 and 23:00 for example, to ensure that any remaining unlogged items are processed).

Greg Jones 2012-12-11 04:42 AM

Yes, I'm going to play around with this and see if I can get a more condensed entry. I just entered some dummy tasks from the desktop, closed OF, and checked them off over the last 30 minutes from OF iPhone. When OF Mac was launched again, I got a nice list in on Day One entry, sorted by project and by time within the project. I can make use of this!

[img]http://f.cl.ly/items/2u0S1i141M1Q093X2P04/Screen%20Shot%202012-12-11%20at%208.39.01%20AM.png[/img]

RobTrew 2012-12-14 05:36 AM

[URL="https://github.com/RobTrew/tree-tools/blob/master/OmniFocus%20scripts/Shell%20scripts%20for%20Geektool%20or%20logging/2012-12-10-omnifocus-done-to-DayOne-shellscript.md"]Version 3[/URL]:
[LIST=1][*]Makes the final colon of the project line into a live link from Day One back to the project in OmniFocus[*]Corrects the formatting of items marked as done while still in the Inbox.[/LIST]

RobTrew 2012-12-14 04:03 PM

[URL="https://github.com/RobTrew/tree-tools/blob/master/OmniFocus%20scripts/Shell%20scripts%20for%20Geektool%20or%20logging/2012-12-10-omnifocus-done-to-DayOne-shellscript.md"]Version 5[/URL]:

Starts a fresh [I]already logged[/I] file every day.

maaron34 2013-01-13 11:37 AM

log everything in one day

This is incredible - thank you for creating it! One question - would it be possible to modify the script to log everything in a single Day One entry?

I was able to install this and make it work, but I don't have the scripting skills to do this ;)

RobTrew 2013-01-13 12:15 PM

I don't think that the Day One interface allows you to direct different logging episodes to a single entry, but you could edit the Hazel settings to just log once, at the end of the day.

Guus 2013-02-08 09:41 AM

What a great addition to OF!

The script itself seems to be working just fine but maybe you can help me out with a few remaining questions I have.

I've copied the code from your site an pasted it in Hazel since I couldn't find a way to download it as a sh file. How can I get it as a file so I have a back-up?

You mentioned a Done button appearing in DO. I don't seem to have that. Was it removed?

You also mention a link back from DO to OF. Don't seem to have that either. Where should it be?

Thank you!

RobTrew 2013-02-08 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Guus;120142]How can I get it as a file so I have a back-up?[/QUOTE]
A .sh file is just a text file, so a simple paste and save will do.

[QUOTE=Guus;120142]You mentioned a Done button appearing in DO.[/QUOTE]
Just the standard DayOne interface:
[IMG]http://forums.omnigroup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2707&stc=1&d=1360359067[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Guus;120142]Don't seem to have that either. Where should it be?[/QUOTE]
The trailing colon of the project line is a clickable url link.

Guus 2013-02-08 11:56 PM

Thanks for your help Rob.

I tried saving it in TextEdit in a plain text file and that works ok (sh-extension and icon), but in Hazel I can't select it. Should I edit something in the properties of the file or does it has to be in a certain folder?

The Done-button was there this morning. I guess it only appears once in the morning. Now it's gone again.

If you mean a clickable URL in DO, it isn't there. I've checked both the main overview (all items) and the individual items but it's just not there.

I'll try an post a screenshot of what my DO looks like.

Guus

RobTrew 2013-02-09 12:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Guus;120184]in Hazel I can't select it. Should I edit something in the properties of the file or does it has to be in a certain folder?[/QUOTE]

You can just paste the script in ([I]embedded script[/I] option) or browse to any folder, for the file.
[IMG]http://forums.omnigroup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2708&stc=1&d=1360401325[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Guus;120184]The Done-button was there this morning. I guess it only appears once in the morning. Now it's gone again.[/QUOTE]
It shows in edit mode – just click [I]edit[/I] to get it back.
[IMG]http://forums.omnigroup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2709&stc=1&d=1360401325[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Guus;120184]If you mean a clickable URL in DO, it isn't there. I've checked both the main overview (all items) and the individual items but it's just not there.[/QUOTE]
The final colon of the project line should be coloured turquoise – a clickable link.
[IMG]http://forums.omnigroup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2710&stc=1&d=1360401821[/IMG]

RobTrew 2013-02-09 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Incidentally, clicking [I]edit[/I] (see previous post) should reveal the link, in [URL="http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#link"]MarkDown format[/URL].

[IMG]http://forums.omnigroup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2711&stc=1&d=1360402906[/IMG]

(Moving the opening square bracket further back will enlarge the clickable area. This may give an insight into how the source code could be modified to make the whole project line into a link. I don't do that myself because I find that turquoise colour a little over-saturated :-)

Guus 2013-02-09 01:40 AM

Thanks for all your help! Two of three solved!

My DO is set to open in Last View. That's why I didn't see the Done button at first. Now I know where to find it!

The semicolon with URL is there too. I simply overlooked it. :-(

I have the script embedded and it works fine. I just would prefer to use it as a files so it will be in my backup. These internal things have a way of being overlook when reinstalling stuff.

The problem remains that when in Hazel I can't select the file in the finder, it's grayed-out. Also tried moving it from downloads to documents and logged in as admin but it isn't working. I pasted the same script in TextEdit and saved it in plain text. Removed the txt-extension so only the sh-extension remains. The file still wants to open with TextEdit, maybe that should be changed to something else? Terminal?

RobTrew 2013-02-09 01:52 AM

[QUOTE=Guus;120187]in Hazel I can't select the file in the finder, it's grayed-out.[/QUOTE]

To ungray it in the Hazel dialog you need to make the .sh text file executable.
[LIST][*]Open Terminal.app[*]On the bash command line, type [CODE]chmod +x [/CODE](followed by a space)[*]Drag and drop the .sh file from a Finder window to the Terminal window[/LIST]
You should now be looking at something analogous to:

[CODE]chmod +x /Users/houthakker/Desktop/test.sh[/CODE]

and if you hit the enter key, the file will be made executable, and should now be shown as ungrayed and selectable in the Hazel dialog.

Guus 2013-02-09 02:06 AM

That did the trick! I had a feeling something else had to be done but this shell stuff is new to me. Bit like .bat in Windows ;-)

Thanks again for your help!

Guus

Bill Westwood 2013-02-11 07:43 AM

I cannot seem to get this working. I have DayOne installed & the CLI. I have downloaded the entire script & made it executable (having failed to get it working by embedding it); I have selected it in Hazel. When I complete a task in OF, nothing happens. I have tried running the rule from Hazel and stopping & restarting OF. No DoneToday.txt files have appeared. I don't know what I am doing wrong

RobTrew 2013-02-11 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Bill Westwood;120264]I cannot seem to get this working.[/QUOTE]

Might be worth checking whether there are any details of your rule which differ from this:

[IMG]http://forums.omnigroup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2712&stc=1&d=1360602675[/IMG]

Also, have you tested the CLI from Terminal.app ?

RobTrew 2013-02-11 08:20 AM

Also, what happens if you run OmniFocusLogDone2DayOne.sh directly from the bash prompt in Terminal.app ?

Any error messages ?

(Assuming you have made it executable with [CODE]chmod +x [I]filepath[/I][/CODE])

Bill Westwood 2013-02-11 08:37 AM

I have made the script executable as per your instructions.
Nothing happens when I try to run it.
My rule is identical except for the title:Log OmniFocus items done today to DayOne
How do I test the CLI?

RobTrew 2013-02-11 08:44 AM

[QUOTE=Bill Westwood;120268]I have made the script executable as per your instructions.
Nothing happens when I try to run it.
My rule is identical except for the title:Log OmniFocus items done today to DayOne
How do I test the CLI?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Bill Westwood;120268]How do I test the CLI?[/QUOTE]
Depending on where you have installed it to, you should be able to use a command line like:
[CODE]/usr/local/bin/dayone[/CODE]

to check that it is running.

What command line did you use to check the script from Terminal.app ?

Did it generate no error messages ? That would indicate that it is essentially running.

Bill Westwood 2013-02-11 08:50 AM

This is the reply generated by entering the code above:

Last login: Mon Feb 11 16:27:34 on ttys000
Bill-Westwoods-MacBook-Pro:~ billwestwood$ /usr/local/bin/dayone
Usage: dayone [-d=<date>] [-s=true|false] [-p=<path>]
[-j=<path>] [-h] <command>
Options:
-d, --date=<date> Creation date of the entry.
-s, --starred=true|false Starred value.
-p, --photo-file=<path> File path to a photo to attach to entry.
-j, --journal-file=<path> Location of Day One Journal file.
-h, --help Show this information.

Commands:
new Adds a new entry using text from stdin

Examples:
dayone new
Waits for you type something and then creates a new entry in the default journal

echo "Hello World" | dayone new
Creates a new entry containing the specified text

dayone new < ~/Desktop/note.txt
Creates a new entry containing the contents of the file note.txt

RobTrew 2013-02-11 08:56 AM

Good, so the CLI is running, and, as before:

[INDENT]What command line did you use to check the script from Terminal.app ?[/INDENT]
Did it generate no error messages ?

(That would indicate that it is essentially running.)

Bill Westwood 2013-02-11 09:30 AM

Sorry, but I don't know how to do that

RobTrew 2013-02-11 11:41 AM

Two stages:
1. Make the .sh file executable
2. Run it from the command line.

[B]Make the .sh file executable[/B][LIST][*]In Terminal.app, type [I]chmod +x[/I] and leave a space after it,[*]drag the .sh file from a Finder window into the Terminal window,[*]hit the enter key to add the x (executable) attribute to the .sh file.[/LIST]
[B]Run it from the command line[/B][LIST][*]Again, drag the .sh file into the Terminal window, to get its full path, and[*]hit the enter key to run it.[*]Make a note of any error messages which appear.[/LIST]

Bill Westwood 2013-02-11 01:45 PM

Trying to run the .sh file does throw up some errors as below:

Last login: Mon Feb 11 18:04:34 on ttys000
unknown-44-4c-0c-e4-3e-2c:~ billwestwood$ /Users/billwestwood/Library/Scripts/OmniFocus/OmniFocusLogDone2DayOne.sh
/Users/billwestwood/Library/Scripts/OmniFocus/OmniFocusLogDone2DayOne.sh: line 1: {rtf1ansiansicpg1252cocoartf1187cocoasubrtf340: command not found
/Users/billwestwood/Library/Scripts/OmniFocus/OmniFocusLogDone2DayOne.sh: line 2: {fonttblf0fnilfcharset0: command not found
/Users/billwestwood/Library/Scripts/OmniFocus/OmniFocusLogDone2DayOne.sh: line 2: f1fnilfcharset0: command not found
/Users/billwestwood/Library/Scripts/OmniFocus/OmniFocusLogDone2DayOne.sh: line 2: f2fnilfcharset0: command not found
/Users/billwestwood/Library/Scripts/OmniFocus/OmniFocusLogDone2DayOne.sh: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
/Users/billwestwood/Library/Scripts/OmniFocus/OmniFocusLogDone2DayOne.sh: line 3: `}'
unknown-44-4c-0c-e4-3e-2c:~ billwestwood$

At least I know how to test it now!

RobTrew 2013-02-11 01:50 PM

My guess is that you may have saved this from TextEdit, which is fine, but TextEdit can save in two different formats:
[LIST=1][*]Plain text[*]Rich Text (RTF)[/LIST]
Looks like you have saved it as an RTF file, which is legible to humans but not to command shells.

The trick is to make a fresh [B]plain text[/B] copy,
[INDENT]TextEdit > Format > Make Plain Text ⌘⇧T[/INDENT]
and then use the [I]chmod +x[/I] command again to make it executable.

Good luck !

Bill Westwood 2013-02-11 02:12 PM

I'm sorry, this is taking up a lot of your time.
I saved the file as plain text via Word.
I'm still getting an error message:

Last login: Mon Feb 11 23:07:14 on ttys000
lj9hb3q1:~ billwestwood$ /Users/billwestwood/Library/Scripts/OmniFocus/OmniFocusLogDone2DayOne.sh
-bash: /Users/billwestwood/Library/Scripts/OmniFocus/OmniFocusLogDone2DayOne.sh:#: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
lj9hb3q1:~ billwestwood$

RobTrew 2013-02-11 02:21 PM

I think we have probably moved beyond OmniFocus issues to the question of how much one wants to learn about Terminal.app and the shell here.

It may be a bit ambitious to use shell scripts like this when the basics are still a bit unfamiliar. Probably best to start with some tutorial material - there's plenty on the web.

My first guess is that you may be saving from Word (possibly not first choice for shell script editing and testing) with the wrong kind of line-endings (Bash expects LF), but I'm afraid I may not have time to get into the forensics of that :-)

Good luck !

whpalmer4 2013-02-11 03:28 PM

Okay, here's a simple, no-fuss approach.

Select the text of the script from the web page. Do Edit->Copy.

Go to the Terminal app. Type

cat > foo
press the Enter key
do Edit->Paste (all of the selected text should appear)
press the Enter key
press the control key and then without releasing it, press the d key.

You should get the shell prompt back at this point.
Now type

chmod +x foo
press the Enter key

Shell prompt again. At this point, feel free to use the Finder to rename the file.

Bill Westwood 2013-02-12 01:02 AM

That seems to have done the trick, thanks.
All I need to do now is filter out the tasks I want to record, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Bill Westwood 2013-02-12 09:00 AM

I have the script working, the only problem now is that I can't trigger it from Hazel. If I drag the .sh file to Terminal & run it, the whole thing works fine, creating the DayOne & home folder items as expected. I have left the setup in Hazel as first described in Rob's article, I have added a prompt for a certain time, but either way nothing happens from Hazel.
Any ideas?

Guus 2013-02-12 09:24 AM

Bill, if you check all the steps that were mentioned here it should work. I believe you also mentioned the script didn't work when pasted in the internal option of Hazel. That sounds like there might be a problem with your Hazel.

Guus 2013-02-12 09:27 AM

Rob, a question if I may.

The current entries look like this.
## Wei/Scheduler[:](omnifocus:///task/kIIJ0CzGJa1)
- Afspraak Andries aanpassen @done(17:52)

I would like to have a little less info in the entry like:

I'm willing to give editing the script a try but is possible or does it need al the information to function at all?

Guus

RobTrew 2013-02-13 06:28 AM

[QUOTE=Guus;120342]
I would like to have a little less info in the entry like:
[/QUOTE]

You can certainly edit the output – simply adjust the [I]print[/I] statements in:
[CODE]{
if (prj!=$5) {prj=$5;
if (prj!="") {print ("\n" prj_prfx prj "[:](omnifocus:///task/" $2 ")") >> "tmp_pretty.txt" }
else {print ("\nInbox[:](omnifocus:///task/" $1 ")") >> "tmp_pretty.txt"}
}
if ($6!=prj) {print ("- " $6 " @done(" $4 ")") >> "tmp_pretty.txt" }
else {{print "- *Project completed* @done(" $4 ")" >> "tmp_pretty.txt" }}
}[/CODE]

[I]$6[/I] contains the task and [I]$4[/I] contains the date.

You could reduce it right down to something like:

[CODE]{
print ("- " $6 " @done(" $4 ")") >> "tmp_pretty.txt"
}[/CODE]

veel geluk !

Guus 2013-02-13 10:04 AM

Thanks again Rob.

I've edited the script like this and it's working okay for me now.

{
if (prj!=$5) {prj=$5;
if (prj!="") {print ("\n" prj_prfx prj) >> "tmp_pretty.txt" }
else {print ("\nInbox") >> "tmp_pretty.txt"}
}
if ($6!=prj) {print ("- " $6 " @done(" $4 ")") >> "tmp_pretty.txt" }
else {{print "- *Project completed* @done(" $4 ")" >> "tmp_pretty.txt" }}
}'

I've got a folder with "Single Actions" and thought about changing the script to leave the "project-name" out for this folder but after doing a quick preview in DO decided against it. The heading improves readability so I'll keep it in.

Casslar 2013-02-25 03:42 AM

consultancy/setup..

I am very very interested in this process, because the one thing I really feel lacking in Omnifocus is some kind of daily journal - so you can refer back to everything that was ticked off as done on a given day. However, I havent got a clue where to start with Hazel, I am a relatively new mac user and just don't know where to begin. If anyone here can offer to set this up for me for a reasonable fee or point me at documentation from a very basic level ie non programmer level, I'd be very interested... Thanks in advance!

whpalmer4 2013-02-25 07:11 AM

[QUOTE=Casslar;120836]I am very very interested in this process, because the one thing I really feel lacking in Omnifocus is some kind of daily journal - so you can refer back to everything that was ticked off as done on a given day. However, I havent got a clue where to start with Hazel, I am a relatively new mac user and just don't know where to begin. If anyone here can offer to set this up for me for a reasonable fee or point me at documentation from a very basic level ie non programmer level, I'd be very interested... Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Bring up the Completed perspective under the Perspectives menu and you'll see all of your completed actions. Use View->Columns->Completion Date to turn on a column showing the completion date.

Casslar 2013-02-26 12:34 AM

Thanks whpalmer4 - do you know of any way to export this view as some kind of a daily report? Thats what I am really after, and feel there must be a simpler way than the scripts etc in this thread! Thanks in advance!

whpalmer4 2013-02-26 10:40 AM

I have a rule of thumb I follow: if I need to do XYZ, and RobTrew has written a script that does XYZ (or something very similar), I install Rob's script and look no further.

The only problem with that plan here is that you may not have Hazel and Day One. It's possible to tinker with Rob's script a bit to remove the need for Day One and just dump everything in a text file (it actually already does that, but doesn't retain the file past the end of the day), and it isn't absolutely necessary to use Hazel to trigger the script. By far the path of least resistance would be to simply buy Hazel; it can be used for many other tasks besides this. Day One you may or may not want; I'm willing to provide a copy of Rob's script that simply appends endlessly to a text file rather than shoveling the data off to Day One.

Before you go down that path, however, you might consider how pressing your need is to have this information outside of OmniFocus. There's a built-in Completed perspective which will show you all the completed actions in your database. You can turn on a column that shows the date and time of completion via the View->Columns->Completion Date command. If you just select a bunch of actions, Edit->Copy, switch to your favorite text editor or Mail application, Edit->Paste will give you the text of the action names on separate lines.

uscmeche 2013-03-10 03:34 PM

Love this script!

Thanks RobTrew!

Actually ended up slightly altering to write the output to a text file I use (personal vs. work | day one vs. NVAlt). Super easy based on the way RobTrew wrote the original. Thank you again good sir.

emory 2013-03-11 07:50 AM

I've been [URL="https://github.com/ttscoff/Slogger"]slogger[/URL] to do this, which also pulls my daily bookmarks from pinboard, article links in instapaper, photos from Flickr, etc. etc.

Oceannagirl 2013-03-22 05:42 AM

I found a problem. When i sync the done items to dayone in iPad, it will create two diaries. one is blank. And if i delete it, it will be create again when i click the done items diary.

marcia 2013-05-01 06:02 AM

Tagging for Day One

If the completed OF item contains a Day One tag as a hashtag it can become a tagged entry by going to Day One's iOS Settings > Advanced > Hashtags > Convert All Hashtags.

I haven't figured out how to get Day One to do this automatically or how to do this in the Mac app.

Edit: I figured out how to do this in the Mac app: Edit the entry and then click Done, you will be prompted to add the hashtag as a Tag. Click "do not show this message again" and it will do it automatically when the entry is edited. To go back to being prompted go to Preferences > General > Prompt to Add Tags from #Hashtags.

Johsny 2014-04-13 06:57 AM

Hi,

What do I need to do to fix this script to work with Omnifocus2?
Is it possible?

Thanks!