The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniWeb General (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1Password extension and Lion (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=21670)

dmw 2011-07-21 06:43 AM

1Password extension and Lion

Just upgraded to Lion yesterday and unfortunately the 1Password extension for OmniWeb no longer functions. Is there anything I can do to get it back?

Brian 2011-07-23 07:24 AM

Just upgraded my home Mac to Lion, and I'm seeing the same thing. AFAIK, we haven't changed anything on our end, so I sent Agilebits a support request. I'll post here when I hear back, but you may also want to contact them as well.

sculwell 2011-07-23 06:06 PM

I, too, am experiencing this.

dtruett1 2011-07-24 12:58 PM

I just sent a ticket to 1Password support as follows:
"As you have supported 1password on OmniWeb, which is based on webkit, I would like to know if you plan to do so in the future. As of now, in Lion the extension no longer functions. I realize it is a small percent of the market, but we are true loyalists to OW. Thank you for your time."
We'll see.

sculwell 2011-07-24 02:35 PM

*crossing fingers*

dave_m 2011-07-25 08:45 AM

As far as I know, AgileBits have abandoned their previous plugin because it required Scripting Additions, which are no longer supported in Lion.

1Password will continue to function in Snow Leopard, but it is only available as a browser extension (and therefore not to OmniWeb) in Lion.

Brian 2011-07-25 05:33 PM

(Somewhat sadly) moved this out of the OmniWeb Bugs forum. If it was a bug on our end, at least we could fix it. :-)

Morto 2011-07-26 09:22 AM

Yet another reason to avoid 10.7 - this is kind of a show stopper for me...

mihnat 2011-08-07 03:40 PM

[QUOTE=Morto;99975]Yet another reason to avoid 10.7 - this is kind of a show stopper for me...[/QUOTE]

Boy howdy yeah! Remember that seamless upgrade to Leopard from Tiger? Yeesh!

Cortig 2011-08-10 05:20 AM

[QUOTE=dave_m;99938]As far as I know, AgileBits have abandoned their previous plugin because it required Scripting Additions, which are no longer supported in Lion.

1Password will continue to function in Snow Leopard, but it is only available as a browser extension (and therefore not to OmniWeb) in Lion.[/QUOTE]

The same is also true for other browser that don't natively support add-ons (NetNewsWire, Camino, Opera, iCab…).

This is a [B]very[/B] serious drawback for me :-\ Any chance a solution can be found in the future to integrate 1Password again in OmniWeb?

Brian 2011-08-10 02:22 PM

As someone who uses both OmniWeb and 1Password every day, I know exactly how you feel, Cortig. Unfortunately, if there [I]was[/I] an easy solution, it would probably be in place already...

Cortig 2011-08-10 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=Brian;100452]As someone who uses both OmniWeb and 1Password every day, I know exactly how you feel, Cortig. Unfortunately, if there [I]was[/I] an easy solution, it would probably be in place already...[/QUOTE]

I perfectly understand that there is no easy solution. I'm more thinking long term and trying to emphasize how much I believe this problem matters :-\

Corentin

pckizer 2011-08-26 11:34 AM

It looks like it's been a few weeks since Omni contacted Agile about 1P...I've sent my own note but I'm curious if you've gotten any dialog going with the Agile developers about an OmniWeb fix?

Thanks for any updates, this is one of those things that will result in me getting rid of 1Password before I would even begin to consider changing to a browser less functional than OmniWeb, but it'll still be annoying for sure.

Brian 2011-08-26 12:40 PM

This isn't a case of a few bugs that need to be fixed - the technology that 1Password's OmniWeb plug-in depended on has been completely removed from Lion. (Scripting Additions.)

Apple had good reasons for doing that - it helps to make Lion more secure - but it also means that some things that were possible in Snow Leopard and earlier just aren't in Lion.

Agile has limited development resources to work with, so they've made the completely reasonable decision to focus their efforts on the browsers that have the biggest footprint. (Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.)

It might be possible on a technical level for us to re-engineer OmniWeb in such a way that their Safari extension would work, but my understanding is that it would be an unfeasibly large amount of work to do so.

Sorry I don't have better news for you, but the current situation isn't likely to change in the foreseeable future. As someone who uses OmniWeb and 1Password, it's a disappointment to me, as well. If anything changes, we'll be sure to let folks know.

whpalmer4 2011-08-26 12:55 PM

Just because you move to Lion and don't want to give up OmniWeb doesn't mean you have to stop using 1Password, of course! It's still a fine password manager, you just have a few more clicks involved. Still beats the stuffing out of the alternatives...

Axxel 2011-09-04 08:25 AM

[QUOTE=Brian;101025]This isn't a case of a few bugs that need to be fixed - the technology that 1Password's OmniWeb plug-in depended on has been completely removed from Lion. (Scripting Additions.)[/QUOTE]

This has been repeated countless times by Agile, but it simply isn't true. SIMBL plugins, which are Scripting Addition loaded, are working normally on Lion (including my own personal set of OmniWeb hacks).

Agile's rationale is considerably more complicated and can be followed in this thread: [url]http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/5726-omniweb-not-supported-on-lion-possible-in-the-near-future/[/url]. Please note that in that thread they acknowledge that Scripting Additions [U]do[/U] work and that there are other technical obstacles.

Make sure to voice your support for OmniWeb in that thread. Agile has made a business decision to support Safari first (understandable). What's not clear is whether they are willing to support Scripting Addition loading where still feasible (OmniWeb).

As for OmniGroup, I suspect that Agile just needs a bundle loaded so they can swizzle. That seems more doable than Safari extension support. Perhaps its time to reach out to them and see if something less than full Safari extension support could close the gap?

Axel

Ward 2011-09-04 09:59 AM

Let AgileBits know we care!

Thanks, Axel, for the nitty gritty details on the 1Password technical/business tactics and strategy.

I second Axel's suggestion to make our OmniWeb voices heard in the [URL="http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/5726-omniweb-not-supported-on-lion-possible-in-the-near-future/"]AgileBits 1Password forum[/URL].

-- Ward

zdlo 2011-09-08 05:28 PM

Maybe you should check the discussion with Jamie Phelps of Agile Bits here:
[url]http://www.macstories.net/reviews/1password-now-on-the-mac-app-store-50-off-menubar-icon-lion-only/[/url]

Someone definitely should start working on this issue either from Omni Group or Agile Bits, instead of trying to explain why it would be better if someone else did it.

And here's the question:
Can we do something instead of waiting for them? Can anyone think of a way to write a piece of script that would make 1Password work with OmniWeb?

khad 2011-09-08 06:05 PM

Just tried to make a post, but it contained links. I need an initial "linkless" post in order to make one with a link. I'm not used to being restricted in forums like this. I guess you get spoiled being a forum admin. :-)

I hope this works...

khad 2011-09-08 06:07 PM

Hey folks,

Apple removed Scripting Additions from developer builds of Lion and brought them back only at the last minute. This is likely a sign that Apple plans to phase this technology out, and soon, but is giving developers a little more time to make the transition. Because we're trying to standardize our extension experience across browsers and prepare for the future, we have already taken Apple's progressive philosophy to heart and are looking towards the future to create a better experience for all customers.

At the moment we don't have any plans to support OmniWeb, as it does not provide the same extensions framework available in Safari. For now we're focusing our efforts on browsers with a rich set of tools for extensions; currently this includes Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.

The aforelinked AgileBits forum thread has the longer explanation. Jeff did a good job of outlining both the technical and business angles of the situation:

[url]http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/5726-omniweb-not-supported-on-lion-not-possible-at-this-time/page__view__findpost__p__35068[/url]

[url]http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/5726-omniweb-not-supported-on-lion-not-possible-at-this-time/page__view__findpost__p__35261[/url]

I am an OmniWeb lover myself, so it gives me no joy to have it unsupported at this time. Point of fact: one of the top links in a Google search for "why use omniweb" is a link to [URL="http://www.khad.com/post/101939824/why-i-use-omniweb"]a blog post I wrote about my love for OmniWeb[/URL].

Quoting from Jeff:
[INDENT]As for plans, all I can say is what our hopes are. We hope to restore support, either through Scripting Additions or through the new technology.

I really wish I could give you something more definitive at this point. There are scenarios in which restored support for OmniWeb could happen quickly and scenarios under which it takes considerable time. I just don't know how these will play out at this point.
[/INDENT]
--
Khad Young
Forum Choreographer, AgileBits

Ward 2011-09-08 08:00 PM

I have my fingers crossed

Thank you, Khad, for joining us in the OmniWeb forum. I'm encouraged by a vision of The Omni Group and AgileBits working together to bring the team of OmniWeb + 1Password to Lion.

Longtime OmniWeb users are a very loyal bunch ... like longtime Mac users.

That said, I must confess that during a weak moment, I did ask the question, is there [URL="http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=22003"]An OmniWeb alternative for Lion?[/URL] in this forum. The short answer is there's no satisfactory alternative for either OmniWeb or 1Password.

-- Ward

Axxel 2011-09-09 07:18 AM

[QUOTE=khad;101534]This is likely a sign that Apple plans to phase this technology out, and soon, but is giving developers a little more time to make the transition. Because we're trying to standardize our extension experience across browsers and prepare for the future, we have already taken Apple's progressive philosophy to heart and are looking towards the future to create a better experience for all customers.[/QUOTE]

If Apple does deprecate Scripting Additions it is highly improbable they would do so during any 10.7.x release. Mid-release deprecation is extremely rare.

Thus, what you're really saying is that out of fear of a problem that is more than 1-2 years away (10.8), you have no plans to support current customers.

[QUOTE=khad;101534][INDENT]As for plans, all I can say is what our hopes are. We hope to restore support, either through Scripting Additions or through the new technology.

I really wish I could give you something more definitive at this point. There are scenarios in which restored support for OmniWeb could happen quickly and scenarios under which it takes considerable time. I just don't know how these will play out at this point.
[/INDENT][/QUOTE]

More recent posts in that same thread from Dave Teare imply that you've simply stopped exploring options for OmniWeb entirely.

Axel

khad 2011-09-09 11:19 AM

[QUOTE]If Apple does deprecate Scripting Additions it is highly improbable they would do so during any 10.7.x release. Mid-release deprecation is extremely rare.[/QUOTE]
It seems like a distant time and place, but we need to always be planning for the future and setting ourselves up for success earlier rather than later.

I always encourage folks to base their decisions on current shipping products not promises of future features or fixes.

If 1Password and/or OmniWeb meet your needs today, by all means keep using them. If not, perhaps they will someday, at which point you can revisit the decision. I just can't offer a time frame for anything specific, and I feel it would actually be a disservice to "string you along" with the promise of any feature without actually delivering it. I have not been using OmniWeb lately because 1Password is too important to me. (Some reasons for this may be obvious.) :-) But if that support is once again available in the future — whether through an OmniWeb extension API, changes Apple makes, some hard work and determination from AgileBits, or a combination thereof — I'll definitely be giving OmniWeb a closer look.

For now, I use what is available and suits my workflow, but I still miss OmniWeb.

--
Khad Young
Forum Choreographer, AgileBits
[url]http://forum.agilebits.com/[/url]

Scarabus 2011-09-11 10:34 PM

I've read every message in this thread. And, I might add, every message in many threads on other forums. I'm left wondering WTF?

Does anyone know what's going on? I also use [I]FireFox[/I]. (Hey, cut me some slack. I test stuff I'm doing on various browsers to check compatibility.) I see the same narrative everywhere.

Is Apple trying to use semi-proprietary technology to squeeze out competing browsers? not directly, but by imposing unsurmountable development demands?

Say it ain't so, Steve! Oh. Sorry. I was thinking of Wozniak, not Jobs.

Does anyone have a clue what the deal is? Anyone who can give us a hint without being smashed by an avalanche of lawyers shaped like McIntosh apples? (Picture that in your imagination!)

Ken Case 2011-09-12 11:22 AM

For those who haven't been paying close attention, here's the background:

Apple is trying to make Safari more secure, so they've created a sandbox for browser extensions written in JavaScript—very similar to the extension mechanisms for Firefox and Chrome. AgileBits has rebuilt their 1Password browser extension using this approach, and they've got it working in those three browsers.

OmniWeb supports several mechanisms for extending the browser (some dating back to the mid-'90s), and those mechanisms still work—but none of them are JavaScript-based, so they're not compatible with this new 1Password browser extension. (Presumably, if you still have a copy of the older OmniWeb-compatible version of 1Password it would still work the same as it always did.)

So, how do we fix this?

Roustem (AgileBits' CEO) and I had a brief conversation last week about how we might get the latest 1Password working in OmniWeb, and it sounds like the easiest way would be for OmniWeb to implement the same sort of browser extension mechanism that Safari, Firefox, and Chrome have implemented. (That approach would have other benefits as well, potentially giving OmniWeb the ability to run other extensions.)

That seems like a reasonable approach to me, but we have a lot of higher priority projects on our plate at the moment (iCloud updates, OmniPlan for iPad, OmniOutliner 4, and a major update to OmniFocus) so I'm not sure how soon we'll be able to do that.

What can you do?

Keep letting us know this is important to you: that helps us decide where to put our resources. And please, don't blame Apple or AgileBits for making a very appropriate decision to implement a more secure system for browser extensions.

khad 2011-09-12 06:17 PM

I normally don't like to waste folks' time with simple "thanks" posts, but I really appreciate you posting that, Ken.

You guys are awesome. Keep doing what you do.

"Thanks!" :-)

sportsman0811 2011-09-14 07:04 AM

I found this yesterday and wondered if it would be any good for those of you having problems with 1Password and Lion, at least until Omni have time to get something sorted.
It's called PassHash and can be found here [url]http://connorhd.co.uk/[/url]
I know the site says its a Chrome extension but it also works anywhere on the web apparently.

pckizer 2011-09-14 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=Ken Case;101679]What can you do?

Keep letting us know this is important to you: that helps us decide where to put our resources. And please, don't blame Apple or AgileBits for making a very appropriate decision to implement a more secure system for browser extensions.[/QUOTE]

Definitely a big Thank You for posting the status update. I'm as annoyed at myself as I am at anything else. I probably would have held off on the upgrade to Lion if I had checked on that as far as compatibility problems go (the sites I was checking listed both OmniWeb and 1Password as good to go on Lion, I just didn't expect a combination problem).

Since the one thing we can do is letting you know this is important: This is important for me.

I've had to return to my previous copy-paste mechanisms for dealing with web sites, which is particularly frustrating on those sites I use frequently but have 2 or even 3 logins I need to deal with over the course of the day. As I said in an earlier post, since there are alternatives for 1Password (the brute-force copy-paste methods), it loses since none of the other browsers are as comfortably capable as OmniWeb is.

Thank you for all the work you do on OmniWeb, but I do hope you find some time and resources to bump up the priority of developing a way that 1Password can work again.

wade 2011-09-20 05:46 PM

Thanks Ken.

One more vote to add (well 3 if you count everyone in the house who uses Omniweb and 1Password). Over the years I've bought 14 licenses - various combinations of OmniWeb 4, OmniWeb 5 & family packs - more than happy to have a paid update again or at least some form of payment.

Ward 2011-09-20 06:58 PM

An OmniWeb Tip Jar

[QUOTE=wade;102034]... more than happy to have a paid update again or at least some form of payment.[/QUOTE]
I've willingly paid for numerous OmniWeb licenses and I, too, would be happy to pay again.

A tip jar labeled "I really like OmniWeb" would be a way for OmniWeb fans to express our appreciation.

-- Ward

Gopher 2011-09-21 12:43 PM

Using 1Password with OmniWeb 5.11

I just discovered OmniWeb 5.11 and LOVE it! However, the 1Password website says its compatible with OmniWeb, but I can't get it onto my browser toolbar. It's not shown in the toolbar drop down window, so I can't pull it from there, nor can I find any other place to pull it from to get it into my OmniWeb toolbar. HELP -- I need 1Password. I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Thanks.

Brian 2011-09-21 12:48 PM

Gopher, I'm going to move your post to a thread that discusses what's going on here. Posting here so you get any notifications you've signed up for. (Folks that read this in the future will see the post in the thread I moved it to.)

Brian 2011-09-21 12:51 PM

Just noticed that you're on Snow Leopard rather than Lion, Gopher. Current builds of 1Password are aimed at Lion and thus don't include the OmniWeb plugin, but older builds may still have it.

I'd suggest contacting AgileBits for help; they may be able to point you at an older build of the app you can use.

vasbinde 2011-09-29 11:44 PM

Please do add me to the list of those who are very interested in OmniWeb adding in a JS extension architecture so that we can continue using 1Password and OW into the future. OW could also benefit from other extensions as well.

KiltedGreen 2011-10-07 05:00 AM

Just adding my vote for an update to Omniweb for 1Password. I'm using Safari since Lion, but very reluctantly and would really love to have a mod to OW.

Thanks Ken and others for your explanations.

derekr 2011-10-07 10:55 AM

Added a few votes for that request! If any others would like the same, please email us [URL="mailto:omniweb@omnigroup.com"]here[/URL].

Michael H. Gerloff 2012-04-06 01:16 PM

Omniweb needs 1Password, it would be my one&only browser than. I love slim Browsing, Workspace & Tabs. And would pay for it.

zdlo 2012-04-08 12:45 PM

[QUOTE=Ken Case;101679]For those who haven't been paying close attention, here's the background:

Apple is trying to make Safari more secure, so they've created a sandbox for browser extensions written in JavaScript—very similar to the extension mechanisms for Firefox and Chrome. AgileBits has rebuilt their 1Password browser extension using this approach, and they've got it working in those three browsers.

OmniWeb supports several mechanisms for extending the browser (some dating back to the mid-'90s), and those mechanisms still work—but none of them are JavaScript-based, so they're not compatible with this new 1Password browser extension. (Presumably, if you still have a copy of the older OmniWeb-compatible version of 1Password it would still work the same as it always did.)

So, how do we fix this?

Roustem (AgileBits' CEO) and I had a brief conversation last week about how we might get the latest 1Password working in OmniWeb, and it sounds like the easiest way would be for OmniWeb to implement the same sort of browser extension mechanism that Safari, Firefox, and Chrome have implemented. (That approach would have other benefits as well, potentially giving OmniWeb the ability to run other extensions.)

That seems like a reasonable approach to me, but we have a lot of higher priority projects on our plate at the moment (iCloud updates, OmniPlan for iPad, OmniOutliner 4, and a major update to OmniFocus) so I'm not sure how soon we'll be able to do that.

What can you do?

Keep letting us know this is important to you: that helps us decide where to put our resources. And please, don't blame Apple or AgileBits for making a very appropriate decision to implement a more secure system for browser extensions.[/QUOTE]

It's been 7 months. Any work started yet? Or, on the way?

We are simply not using 1Password, and instead doing logins manually, so that we can continue using the only usable browser for us, with my business partner.

I'm periodically checking updates on this forum, this thread, other browsers like Sleipnir, and side tab & workspace extensions for other browsers like the latest SafariStand, with frustration. In a corner of my head, I'm also collecting my own design ideas for a better browser. I am a software designer myself, although I don't code. Today, I even searched to see if learning to code the browser in my head would be feasible. I also thought of offering you a sum of money whenever I have the resources, to make you add the extensions module. So, what I'm basically saying is; this is driving me insane!

Today, I saw someone suggesting you to make OmniWeb open source. For me, it would mean killing it. Now it's ill, and the best thing I can think of is to put a price tag on it. Make it as high as you need. Whatever money you need to continue developing, and adding extensions module, calculate it; and divide it to the number of people who want to pay for a new version. Make it $100, make it $1000, make it $10000... I don't care. Just give me an option to get it, so I know what I should pay for my part. I spend more hours in front of a browser than I spend for anything in these days.

Please remember everyday, how many hours of your life was spent on dreaming of, thinking of, tinkering on, or developing OmniWeb, and how you have succeeded in making such a thing that some of the best minds on your planet have noticed and admired, gave the attention it deserved, and still use it in spite of your lack of interest. I don't think it's an easy process to make a browser, let alone making the best one.

So the question is, what will be the best browser in the near future? Will OmniWeb join the other Omni gems and continue holding the title, or should someone start to build the next one that would take over the crown?

bpsooner 2012-04-12 11:56 PM

I vote for an upgrade to OmniWeb that would allow 1Password to work … I've almost quit using OmniWeb since I can't easily use 1 Password.

But, the bigger factor is no ability to sandbox Flash so I can run it without it being installed separately like necessary for Safari & OW. So, Chrome is my most often used browser now. Too bad, b/c OmniWeb is sweet.

So, I'm casting 2 votes: upgrade to allow 1 Password & upgrade to allow a custom "sandboxed" version of Flash to run within OminWeb!

Thanks
Dorsey
Budapest, Hungary

Ward 2012-04-13 06:24 AM

We'll pay for the power of OmniWeb

Those of us who have been OmniWeb users for a loooong time remember the days when OmniWeb came with a price tag, which we gladly paid. This was a true endorsement of OmniWeb because most/all other browsers were free.

I'm anxious, again, to pay for OmniWeb if it means we'll see active development, especially continued support for 1Password.

We'll pay for the power of OmniWeb! Just tell us how much.

-- Ward

sculwell 2012-04-13 07:12 AM

Agreed! There are MANY OmniWeb users (myself included) who would gladly pay again for the best Mac browser on the market. Plus, I'll say it again, the browser would be a wonderful introduction/segue into other (more profitable) Omni products.

scgf 2012-04-24 10:44 AM

When I moved to Lion and found 1Password didn't work with OmniWeb I decided to ditch 1Password. I started using LastPass which works with all bowsers, even on the iPhone. For the mainstream browsers like Safari, Firefox and Chrome it works using browser plugins, but for other broswers like OmniWeb it can work using bookmarklets.

I am using OmniWeb full-time with LastPass and am finding that Lastpass works very well. Maybe not as slick as 1Password, but it is free and does the job.

Well worth trying - much better than abandoning OmniWeb or using it without a password add-on.

xiamenese 2012-04-30 06:06 AM

Just logged in to the forum after a very long time of absence ... why? Because after upgrading to 10.7, I found I couldn't use 1Password and a couple of other add-ons with OmniWeb. 1Password and one other work with Safari; 1Password and a different one other work with Chrome. Neither of those have Workspaces, Snapshots ...
They've been driving me mad, I want my OmniWeb back so I've just downloaded it to install to use with the sites I consult regularly; ones that I don't want to log into automatically I'll just have to grit my teeth and use S or C ... I can't decide which I dislike more.
And I'm another who paid for OmniWeb back when I first upgraded my then Ti-Book to OS-X even though the other browsers were free and Safari was automatically installed; I wanted something better and OW gave me just that.
So I'd be happy if OW at least worked with 1Password ... Rapport would be good too, but I'm going back to OW as much as I can.

scgf 2012-04-30 01:10 PM

Nearly a week ago in this thread I provided a solution. LastPass. It's free and works with OmniWeb using bookmarklets. What's more it will import all your passwords from a 1Password export.

Sometimes people don't want a solution, they just want to moan some more, lol.

forum member 2012-05-09 07:41 PM

Love OW. Paid for it, I love it so much. Wish it would stop crashing in Lion. Would love for OW to work with 1P, but not at the price of me having to browse the internet with Java or JavaScript turned on. About to abandon 1P anyway, as it's new setup does not work for me.

I'm voting you have OW work in Lion. Working with 1P? Meh.

forum member 2012-05-09 07:43 PM

Oh yea, and sgcf, thanks for the tip about LastPass. I'll have to give it a run as I test replacements for 1P.

You know, it's funny, I was really looking forward to finally upgrading to Lion. I had no idea that I would be saying goodbye to some of my favorite software (OW and 1P) when I did so. I still like Lion, but it's like I'm saying goodbye to some really old, good dear friends. I'm going to miss them.

wade 2012-05-10 09:54 PM

Check what version you are running with Lion. I had crashes when Lion first came out, but that got sorted quite a few months ago. I'm using r159621 and it's been very stable.

jwthomas 2012-05-19 08:08 PM

Reading this thread one would think 1P had been invented sometime near the dawn of the WWW. Perhaps someone here knows the exact date it was first made available to users, but to me it seems like no more than five years ago. Before that I used something called "Keychain," a native Apple invention that debuted IIRC with OS 9.
Yes, I use 1P, but I also still use Keychain. It works fine on OmniWeb, on Camino, on Safari, and with an extension called "Keychain Services Integration" works fine on Firefox too. Most times when a sign-on page pops up on OmniWeb the blanks are automatically filled in by Keychain before I can even think to click on 1P.
Last Pass is certainly helpful to users of Opera or SeaMonkey, but why would anyone need it for OW? As far as I'm concerned, dump Lion or dump 1P, or better dump both; and use the native app God - er, Steve - gave us. All this moaning and groaning about the indispensability of a third party app is ridiculous!

whpalmer4 2012-05-19 11:17 PM

The problem is the Keychain solution falls flat as soon as you start using an iPhone, iPad, or even another Mac (once MobileMe rides off into the sunset). 1Password also has a nifty feature that allows for secure access to your passwords anywhere, no software installation required. Good luck sitting down and trying to get a password out of your Keychain on someone's Linux or Windows box!

Ward 2012-05-20 04:37 AM

For me, 1Password's key benefit is saving multiple logins for a single site, e.g., several Gmail accounts, business and personal accounts at Amazon.

jwthomas 2012-05-20 05:29 AM

I feel for you guys; I really do.

:-)

tatami 2012-07-14 12:56 AM

Please keep supporting Omniweb

Just wanting to add my voice to the others. Still prefer it to any other browser.

Scalpel 2013-02-23 12:19 AM

I have returned to Omniweb after a long hiatus. In spite of all of the additions the other browsers may have, I am more comfortable with Omniweb.

I would like to also request support for extensions. Thanks for reading.

Scalpel

cashdollar 2014-01-07 09:02 AM

+1 for 1Password compatibility

+1 for 1Password compatibility

macsailor 2014-01-16 02:03 AM

[QUOTE=cashdollar;128894]+1 for 1Password compatibility[/QUOTE]

Agree. 1Password compatibility is crucial.

xiamenese 2014-01-16 02:43 AM

I wrote to AgileBits some time ago asking them to help by creating an extension for OW, pointing out that a new 64-bit version was available, albeit still in Beta, and that many OW-and-1Password users would welcome an extension for their favourite browser.

I received a charming reply … about troubleshooting, but nothing about a possible extension.

Mark