The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniGraffle General (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   OmniGraffle OSX Lion Fullscreen Mode (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=21357)

chris@ia 2011-06-10 10:16 AM

OmniGraffle OSX Lion Fullscreen Mode

Are there any plans to add a full screen mode to OmniGraffle for Lion? Also is there an ETA for the next version of OmniGraffle? 2012?

EGuFFzEm 2011-06-17 05:08 PM

[QUOTE=chris@ia;98454]Are there any plans to add a full screen mode to OmniGraffle for Lion? Also is there an ETA for the next version of OmniGraffle? 2012?[/QUOTE]
While you are at it (adding full screen mode), please update to native 64-bits. Pixelmator did it (64-bits) -- OmniGraffle can too!

jlachoff 2011-07-01 09:01 AM

Where's the love for your pro users?

Agree with the above, certainly. I also really really need:

-9-slice objects so I can create UI objects that scale intelligently (like Fireworks);

-Virtual shape transformations so that if I union two shapes I can still edit them as shapes (like Illustrator);

-Ability to apply lines and strokes to the interior boundary shape within linkback items, (currently only works with shadows), so I can re-use them without creating duplicates;

-Ability to hide the blasted fat blue selection boundaries, which constantly force me to un-select my selection so I can check pixel accuracy visually, then re-select to continue editing;

- Ability to zoom in presentation mode, so I don't have to do all my presentations in editing mode if I want to interact with my drawings to focus the presentation;

- Ability to have linkback items not include a small amount of extra padding, which makes it impossible to use alignment tools accurately;

- Ability to set the horizontal and vertical offset of natural size background images in pixels, not just percentage (how frustrating is that!), so I can position a bitmap exactly where I want it relative to the clipping rectangle;

- More sophisticated gradients, so I don't have to make bitmaps and stretch them to get the visual effect I need;

- Type controls all in one panel, so I don't have to go to the spacing menu to get to the spacing panel in the toolbar, to the Type panel to adjust point size, and the Style:Text palette to adjust kearning and padding values.

I'm sure I could keep going - this is a great tool, I use it all day every day, but it is sorely lacking in updates for what feels like a couple of years now... I understand that there's more money to be made on the app store, but we pro users need some love every now and then too. Please don't abandon us.

mjohasteener 2011-07-02 02:12 AM

+1 !!!

Coleran 2012-10-12 11:56 PM

Not a feature request, Just fix a deep fault...

The issues with linkback are so bad that it almost makes it useless.

The padding is a mystery to start with but one you could live with. However the baffling corruption of the artwork is beyond reasonable. working with the same grids, the artwork is offset in linkback form. Single pixel grids, require offsetiing art by 0.5 in both axis. To add insult to injury, next time you open it up, some of the art will have moved back to whole pixels, but not all.

Thought about posting this to the support area, but seeing as someone with a similar question from 2011 still hasn't been answered, seems pointless.

whpalmer4 2012-10-13 09:02 AM

[QUOTE=Coleran;115990]
Thought about posting this to the support area, but seeing as someone with a similar question from 2011 still hasn't been answered, seems pointless.[/QUOTE]
Unlike complaining here, right?

If you post to the forum expecting to be answered by Omni, you've misunderstood the purpose of the forum. It is [B]not[/B] an official support conduit, but rather a place where users can help each other, and Omni staffers contribute as time permits. There is no guarantee that an Omni staffer with the relevant skills and responsibility will see any given post — if you need a response (or wish to make a feature request), use Help->Send Feedback in the application, or call them on the phone.

Coleran 2012-10-16 11:57 PM

Fair enough and thanks for the tip.

I generally only get to 'complaining' when tired and frustrated. I have pressed the support many times and this one was logged many moons ago. Suddenly exposed again by a project and just blew me way that is was still such a issue.

I also get the many contradictory pushes and pulls in software dev and try to be careful on what is a reasonable request about bugs and personal desires. This one is astonishing that is isnt fixed - years ago!

You are right though. I misunderstood the nature and will log elsewhere.

Thanks.