The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniOutliner 3 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Spell checking: Automatic by language not working anymore (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=18670)

ozean 2010-10-25 06:00 AM

Spell checking: Automatic by language not working anymore
 
It somehow seems that the "Automatic by language" spell checking setting does not work anymore. I am not sure when this problem appeared, but the 10.6.4 update might be a candidate (not sure though).

Strangely, the setting does still work in apps like TextEdit and Mail, but it does not work in OmniOutliner (it also stopped working in Mellel, for example).

When I open a German language or mixed language document in OO, the spelling service treats all text as English. To work around this, I have to set spelling to German (using the command+colon shortcut).

But that is not enough, since this setting does not work right away (i.e. all text is still treated as being English). To get it working, I have to close and re-open the document while OmniOutliner remains running.

I tried to reset the spelling dictionaries, checked the different forums and, using the information that I found here, cross checked that the AppleSpell.service in /System/Library/Services does indeed contain the dictionaries that I use, which it does. I also checked the com.apple.systempreferences.plist file in my user library, but it seems to be fine too.

I already filed a bug report to Apple, but I wanted to check if anyone here has an idea why this stopped working or how to work around this issue. I found the Automatic by language spell checking feature very useful – until it stopped working…

vegaz 2010-10-27 09:15 AM

[QUOTE=ozean;87989]It somehow seems that the "Automatic by language" spell checking setting does not work anymore. [/QUOTE]

Consider yourself lucky... It never worked for me in OO...
:-(

fitzgunnar 2011-06-07 01:27 AM

I have the same problem. Spell checking works fine in TextEdit and Mail, but not in OmniOutliner.

I do not know exactly when it started, but I think it was later than the 10.6.4 update. I am running 10.6.7 now.

[QUOTE=ozean;87989]It somehow seems that the "Automatic by language" spell checking setting does not work anymore. I am not sure when this problem appeared, but the 10.6.4 update might be a candidate (not sure though).

(...)

I already filed a bug report to Apple, but I wanted to check if anyone here has an idea why this stopped working or how to work around this issue. I found the Automatic by language spell checking feature very useful – until it stopped working…[/QUOTE]

ozean 2012-03-20 02:57 AM

Issue still exists in OS X Lion
 
Sorry for the thread resurrection, but the issue still exits in the most current version of OO / OO Pro and the most recent release of OS X Lion. It would really be great if this could be fixed in the next update – or if somebody finds a workaround that is less troublesome than the one presented in the first post…


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.