The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus for iPad (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Feature request - Add perspectives in Sidebar (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=16968)

giessler 2010-07-30 07:12 AM

Feature request - Add perspectives in Sidebar

I would welcome the possibility to add a number of my perspectives to the sidebar. I work 90 % inside perspectives so this would help me a lot!

whpalmer4 2010-07-30 07:18 AM

Go to the Perspectives view. See those little stars? Tapping on one makes that perspective appear in your sidebar. You can then choose Edit Sidebar from the gear menu when viewing the sidebar to rearrange the order, if desired.

hypotyposis 2010-07-30 07:28 AM

[QUOTE=whpalmer4;81566]Go to the Perspectives view. See those little stars? Tapping on one makes that perspective appear in your sidebar. You can then choose Edit Sidebar from the gear menu when viewing the sidebar to rearrange the order, if desired.[/QUOTE]

Argh. Debating whether I should wait one week and please my banker or just bite the bullet now... So perspectives are on board OF iPad? Including Project-based ones?

whpalmer4 2010-07-30 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=hypotyposis;81579]Argh. Debating whether I should wait one week and please my banker or just bite the bullet now... So perspectives are on board OF iPad? Including Project-based ones?[/QUOTE]
Only context-based ones, same as the iPhone.

hypotyposis 2010-07-30 07:51 AM

[QUOTE=whpalmer4;81584]Only context-based ones, same as the iPhone.[/QUOTE]

Thanks whpalmer... For making my decision all the more difficult! ;)

giessler 2010-07-30 08:47 AM

[QUOTE=whpalmer4;81566]Go to the Perspectives view. See those little stars? Tapping on one makes that perspective appear in your sidebar. You can then choose Edit Sidebar from the gear menu when viewing the sidebar to rearrange the order, if desired.[/QUOTE]

YES! You made my day!

jason.verly 2010-07-30 11:33 AM

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't even see the Perspective view option on my iPad. Is there an option to turn that view on?

airwolf 2010-07-30 11:54 AM

The Perspectives sidebar item is shown if you have custom context perspectives in OmniFocus for the Mac and are syncing the data between the two products. If you are not using OmniFocus for the Mac you won't see this item because you can't currently create perspectives in either the iPad or iPhone applications. Hope this helps!

GTD 2010-07-30 04:54 PM

[QUOTE=airwolf;81727]...If you are not using OmniFocus for the Mac you won't see this item because you can't currently create perspectives in either the iPad or iPhone applications. Hope this helps![/QUOTE](I have OmniFocus for Mac.) Given how the perspectives are created in Mac, I can see how it might be challenging to efficiently facilitate the ability to do so in either the iPad or the iPhone. That said, it would be nice to be able to do it, even if it entailed adding one context or project to the perspective at a time (after creating a new perspective).

Are there any plans, airwolf, to add the ability to create perspectives in iPad and/or iPhone? Also, are there any plans to include projects, in addition to contexts, in perspectives?

whpalmer4 2010-07-30 07:23 PM

[QUOTE=GTD;81797](I have OmniFocus for Mac.) Given how the perspectives are created in Mac, I can see how it might be challenging to efficiently facilitate the ability to do so in either the iPad or the iPhone. That said, it would be nice to be able to do it, even if it entailed adding one context or project to the perspective at a time (after creating a new perspective).

Are there any plans, airwolf, to add the ability to create perspectives in iPad and/or iPhone? Also, are there any plans to include projects, in addition to contexts, in perspectives?[/QUOTE]

These things all will happen sooner if people who want/need them send in their votes with Contact Omni or email to [email]OmniFocus-iPad@omnigroup.com[/email]. Ken has talked about his ideas for how one might display a project mode perspective, and adding the ability to build perspectives on the iPhone/iPad is a pretty obvious enhancement, though building the right UI will take some thought.