The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Unable to execute SQL-New Mountain Lion error message (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=25009)

mlantz2010 2012-07-26 03:28 AM

Unable to execute SQL-New Mountain Lion error message

Just got this error message in Omnifocus after loading the new Mountain Lion.

Any suggestions?

czgarrett 2012-07-26 05:07 AM

I'm getting the same error, also after installing Mountain Lion.

philrob 2012-07-26 09:41 AM

My version (from omni not appstore) upgraded fine to ML - though there are a couple of tweaks to make sure clippings etc work fine.

Have you contacted omni support?

Lizard 2012-07-26 10:26 AM

mlantz & czgarrett: You probably need to force OmniFocus to refresh your cache.

- Quit OmniFocus
- Open Finder
- In the menubar, select Go>Go to Folder...
- Enter "~/Library/" in the folder field
- In the Caches folder, move the folder "com.omnigroup.OmniFocus" to the Trash
- Relaunch OmniFocus

(If that doesn't fix it, please email our ninjas: [email]omnifocus@omnigroup.com[/email])

RobTrew 2012-07-26 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=Lizard;113002]

[/QUOTE]

For MAS-purchased copies, of course, the trashable folder would have a different name:
[INDENT][I]~/Library/Caches/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.MacAppStore[/I][/INDENT]
[COLOR="White"]--[/COLOR]

kagey 2012-07-26 11:23 PM

[QUOTE=Lizard;113002]mlantz & czgarrett: You probably need to force OmniFocus to refresh your cache.

- Quit OmniFocus
- Open Finder
- Relaunch OmniFocus

(If that doesn't fix it, please email our ninjas: [email]omnifocus@omnigroup.com[/email])[/QUOTE]

I have no folders with a name starting with "com.omnigroup.OmniFocus" in my "~/Library/Caches/" folder, but I'm getting this error. Is there anything else I can try?

RobTrew 2012-07-26 11:28 PM

Is it possible that you are looking in the system caches folder rather than the user caches folder ?
i.e.[INDENT][I]/Library/Caches/[/I][/INDENT]rather than[INDENT][I]/Users/[username]/Library/Caches/[/I][/INDENT]

(OmniFocus does always create a cache folder).

I'm very grateful to all these early-adopters of operating system upgrades. Braver than me …

(I personally wait till others have encountered all the frustrations and the solutions have finally been developed … Not sure when I installed 10.7 (two months ago ?). In any case, only when not being able to run something that I needed became a problem. My guess is that a company which is extracting $5bn profit from $35bn revenue in one quarter can probably survive our waiting one or two more quarters before paying their OS tax).

But perhaps this is a bit conservative – others may prefer a different and more exciting way :-)

[COLOR="White"]--[/COLOR]

kagey 2012-07-26 11:40 PM

[QUOTE=RobTrew;113034]Is it possible that you are looking in the system caches folder rather than the user caches folder ?
i.e.[INDENT][I]/Library/Caches/[/I][/INDENT]rather than[INDENT][I]/Users/[username]/Library/Caches/[/I][/INDENT]

(OmniFocus does always create a cache folder).[/QUOTE]

Looking in the right place. Macintosh HD-> Users -> myname -> Library -> Caches, but nothing between com.macupdate.desktop5 and com.stclairsoft.DefaultX.helper.

RobTrew 2012-07-26 11:45 PM

That does sound puzzling.

An email to the Ninjas through [B]Help > Send Feedback[/B] may bring the quickest solution.

kagey 2012-07-26 11:47 PM

Looks like OmniFocus trashed its own cache!
I just reopened it and no error message, and now the Folder has appeared on cache.
Thankyou:-)