The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus Extras (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Forecast view listings for Mac desktop (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=25238)

RobTrew 2012-10-10 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=kingsinger;115845]Periodically in the list of tasks I get a line item that reads "Was due Sun Jan" It has no date and year and no description of the task.
[/QUOTE]

Ver 005 above should fix that, I think.

kingsinger 2012-10-11 10:48 AM

How difficult would it be to change the output of the due script, so that it breaks the items up as follows:

Due in the coming week

Less than x months Overdue

More than x months Overdue

Maybe this isn't relevant to a lot of people, but at least for me, the most immediately overdue items tend to be the most important ones for me to see. If a task is pretty stale, I may not feel I can delete it, but if it has sat for a long time it also may not be as urgently overdue as some of the newer tasks in the overdue list.

As things are presently constituted, if you have a rather long list of overdue items, as I am not so proud to say that I do, the most recent overdue items sort to the bottom of the list. If the list is long enough <g>, they aren't even visible on my screen, because the list runs off of it.

That being said, within a overdue in the last x month view, I wouldn't mind seeing the most overdue item first (as things are now).

I know that at a certain point, if one want lots of sorting and filtering options, one may as well just open up OF.

But between this script, hazel, dropbox, and simplenote, I think I may have a system that allows me to view my tasks other places (like on my android phone). So having a little more control over the organization would be helpful.

kingsinger 2012-10-11 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=RobTrew;115855]Ver 005 above should fix that, I think.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think it has fixed it.

kingsinger 2012-10-11 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=RobTrew;115855]Ver 005 above should fix that, I think.[/QUOTE]

Spoke too soon. Added a few items, and Sun Jan is back.

KS

kingsinger 2012-10-11 03:42 PM

[QUOTE=kingsinger;115903]Spoke too soon. Added a few items, and Sun Jan is back.[/QUOTE]

Looks like this may happen when it is trying to pull out tasks that are nested down a couple of levels.

I added a project using Curt Clifton's Populate Template AS. It's a relatively involved one. Then I added due dates to a couple of items. Now in my text file, I see two iterations of the project header is the "Due" section, but neither of the tasks are listed. Instead, it looks like this:

[CODE]
ProjectName:
*15:00
Sun Jan

[/CODE]

FWIW, 15:00 is the default time I've set for due date reminders.

RobTrew 2012-10-11 11:54 PM

[QUOTE=kingsinger;115917]Looks like this may happen when it is trying to pull out tasks that are nested down a couple of levels.[/QUOTE]

Can't reproduce that problem here with deeply nested tasks. (The Sqlite tables are flat, as it happens)

[QUOTE=kingsinger;115917]I added a project using Curt Clifton's Populate Template AS. It's a relatively involved one. Then I added due dates to a couple of items. Now in my text file, I see two iterations of the project header is the "Due" section, but neither of the tasks are listed.[/QUOTE]

Any unusual characters in the text of these actions: end of line breaks (linefeeds) for example, or pipe characters "|" ? Anything else unusual ?

kingsinger 2012-10-12 01:59 AM

[QUOTE=RobTrew;115931]Can't reproduce that problem here with deeply nested tasks. (The Sqlite tables are flat, as it happens)

Any unusual characters in the text of these actions: end of line breaks (linefeeds) for example, or pipe characters "|" ? Anything else unusual ?[/QUOTE]

There's a colon. There's also a comma. Otherwise, it's just letters.

The hierarchy is as follows:

Project Name
Phase 1: Admin
Make Client File: Project Name

In the example above, "Make Client File: Project Name" is not getting pulled out into the text file.

RobTrew 2012-10-12 03:51 AM

If you'd like to send me an [URL="http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost.php?p=100455&postcount=4"]OPML [/URL]version of that project (or a similar one which is not getting through) , I'll try to take a look at it over the weekend.

(When you use that older OPML script, just select the top-level node of the outline you want to export - the sub-tree will be exported with it)

kingsinger 2012-10-12 03:20 PM

Will the OPML script work with 10.6.8? Or does it use the newer version of Python?

danielcompton 2012-10-15 02:25 AM

Hi there

I have updated the start date script to order it by start date, not due date. This was giving me a strange looking list with the dates all out of order.

The change is on line 34:
from
ORDER BY t.effectiveDateDue, f.name, p.name, c.name
to
ORDER BY t.effectiveDateToStart, f.name, p.name, c.name