The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OS 10.6 - Clipping Shortcut problems [Thread Deprecated] (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13575)

snpower 2009-08-30 04:10 AM

[QUOTE=calumma;65638]Same issue here on new Snow Leopard installation. Clipping services works, but application shortcut does not. Solved by opening preferences in OmiFocus and choosing clippings shortcut again. To be clear, the clipping shortcut indicates the selected key is set - it just doesn't work in mail.

Click in the clipping shortcut selection box and press the key of choice (even the same key as before). Voila, all works again.[/QUOTE]

This does not work for me.

tom.mancino 2009-08-30 04:45 AM

[QUOTE=calumma;65638]Same issue here on new Snow Leopard installation. Clipping services works, but application shortcut does not. Solved by opening preferences in OmiFocus and choosing clippings shortcut again. To be clear, the clipping shortcut indicates the selected key is set - it just doesn't work in mail.

Click in the clipping shortcut selection box and press the key of choice (even the same key as before). Voila, all works again.[/QUOTE]

This didn't work for me...will keep trying. Thanks.....

villan 2009-08-30 01:45 PM

Same problem here..

1. Tried removing and reinstalling clipotron - No change.
2. Tried re-entering the shortcut from within OF - No change.
3. Tried re-entering the shortcut under Keyboard -> Services - No Change.

Currently I can add items to inbox via the right click menu item, and the menu item even shows the right keyboard shortcut next to it. They keyboard shortcut just doesn't work.

dwsmith 2009-08-31 07:16 AM

I have written support... just got an auto response so far... not contact other than that.

xmas 2009-08-31 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=villan;65681]
Currently I can add items to inbox via the right click menu item, and the menu item even shows the right keyboard shortcut next to it. They keyboard shortcut just doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

What shortcut key combo are you using?

(Since Apple did a major Services overhaul, my guess is that something changed in the way shortcut keys are handled, and that's why it's working for some folks and not for others.)

tom.mancino 2009-08-31 05:42 PM

[quote=xmas;65743]what shortcut key combo are you using?

(since apple did a major services overhaul, my guess is that something changed in the way shortcut keys are handled, and that's why it's working for some folks and not for others.)[/quote]

F12 - I have tried several others but they are not working.

Brian 2009-08-31 06:14 PM

Tom - just for the purposes of experimentation, have you tried assigning a shortcut that doesn't involve a function key? You may have already tried this; just being thorough. :-)

Does something like option-control-6 work, for example?

On my machine, OmniFocus' preferences accepted a clipping shortcut of F12, even though that was already bound to the "Show Dashboard" item in System Preferences. It's behaving in a manner similar to what folks are describing - F12 shows up in the context menu. The entry shows up in correct spot in the shortcuts list in System Preferences, but there's no checkbox and pressing that button on the keyboard doesn't work.

So perhaps the problem is that there's a shortcut conflict - something else is already bound to the shortcuts that folks are trying?

whpalmer4 2009-08-31 06:16 PM

I know that cmd-shift-, works in SL, you might try that as a way to determine whether the issue is with your shortcut choice or something about your installation/account.

Brian 2009-08-31 06:46 PM

Ah, I see what's going on - if the "Show Dashboard" keyboard shortcut is left assigned to F12, but the box to the left of that item in the shortcuts list is checked, OmniFocus will pop up a "You can't assign that shortcut" dialog if I try to use F12 for clipping.

However, if I uncheck the box next to the "Show Dashboard" item in System Preferences, OmniFocus will let me assign that shortcut. It doesn't actually work, and I get pretty much the results that folks are describing - shortcut appears in context menus, but there's no box next to the item in the System Preferences list.

Basically, it looks like conflicting shortcuts put something in OmniFocus or 10.6 into a bad state. Even if I choose a different shortcut in OmniFocus now, it doesn't work. Also tried checking the box next to "Show Dashboard", then setting that to something ridiculous like control-option-command-shift-F12 and un-checking the box next to it; I still wasn't able to set OmniFocus' shortcut to anything and get it to work.

In any case, I'll make sure the team knows we can reproduce the problem now - that'll help them a lot. Very sorry for the trouble this is causing!

KeithFK 2009-08-31 07:25 PM

I've never used this service before, and I'm not having any luck right now. I'm running 1.7.1 v77.34 r118148 on Snow Leopard.

What does "Services selected in the sidebar" in one of xmas' posts above mean?

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the clip-o-tron several times, but the system seems to be telling me it's not loaded:

Errors returned from handler <ScriptHandler:0x122da70 com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.ScriptHandler.Mail_Leopard NSBundle </Applications/OmniFocus 1.7.app/Contents/PlugIns/BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin> (not yet loaded)>: {
NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier.";
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier.";
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -2741;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {1849, 7};
}

Any suggestions? Thanks very much.