The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Expanded view always? (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=5709)

doug@lerner.net 2007-11-21 12:27 AM

Expanded view always?

I am having trouble getting the expanded view to consistently show. And when I finally get it to show the expanded view for all items it seems I ended up there in a convoluted way, by accident.

In particular, choosing "expand all" doesn't expand all.

Any hints?

Thanks!

doug

eronel 2007-11-21 03:38 AM

You don't say where your cursor is and what the focus state is when you try to expand. These affect the expanding. Here's a couple of tips:

- The sidebar expands separately from the content window.

- If you are focused on a folder or project, then only that element gets expanded/collapsed.

eronel 2007-11-21 03:45 AM

Hey, I just noticed something that bothers me and has bothered me before: collapse all doesn't function the same way in the sidebar as in the content pane.

In the content pane, collapse all leaves me with a list of all projects, in effect it leaves me with a list of all top-level items.

In the sidebar it completely collapses the library folder. So I end up with the Inbox and the Library. Though logically equivalent to the above, I suppose, this is fairly useless to me and is not what I expected. What I'd like is an easy way to collapse all all the folders/projects in the library so that only the top level is showing.

Furthermore, when the library is collapsed, it does not have a triangle I can open it with.

jasong 2007-11-21 11:55 AM

eronel, I would consider that behavior in the sidebar a bug.

You can take advantage of this bug to get what you want by first collapsing all then by "expand-ing row" for the library.

eronel 2007-11-21 12:15 PM

Thanks for the confirmation I wasn't crazy. I just submitted it.

steve 2007-11-28 09:37 PM

The default seems to be collapsed. I would like the default to always be expanded.

OOO 2007-11-28 09:54 PM

I've been using

Command-4
Control-Command-9
Command-4
Control-Command-9

to quickly expand everything.

doug@lerner.net 2007-11-28 11:15 PM

I find I can't expand everything even when selecting "expand all" from the view menu.

Shouldn't that expand all the items you currently have listed which are collapsed?

doug

curt.clifton 2007-11-29 02:47 AM

It expands all the way to the leaves for the items that you currently have [B]selected[/B].

Toadling 2007-11-29 08:45 AM

[QUOTE=steve;26788]The default seems to be collapsed. I would like the default to always be expanded.[/QUOTE]
I'm seeing this too. Ever since yesterday's revision 95291, all nodes are collapsed when I launch the app. It seems OmniFocus is no longer remembering open/close state when quitting (or perhaps it's ignoring the state data when launching).

Furthermore, if you rebuild the database (File -> Rebuild Database...), not only is the open/close state of the nodes lost, but so is the window position, sidebar size, and state of the View Bar.

I'll submit this to the Ninjas in a moment.