The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Where does mail enter into Omnifocus? (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=10806)

themothertucker 2008-12-08 06:36 PM

Where does mail enter into Omnifocus?

I set the rule to add +omnifocus to the email address. I sent something from my gmail account and it entered my .me address fine. I just have no idea where to look for it in omnifocus. Ultimately, I want to be able to use Jott to dictate a quick email to myself that will ultimately end up in omnifocus. Cool huh?

cyleigh 2008-12-08 06:47 PM

Have a look in your Inbox.

themothertucker 2008-12-08 07:46 PM

Not there

whpalmer4 2008-12-08 08:32 PM

You did start up the Mail program, right? That has to be running for the email to be processed to OmniFocus. You also have to add the address you sent the email from to the list of allowable senders in the Mail preferences in OmniFocus, and make sure you checked the radio button for the "+omnifocus" addressing style. Finally, the message has to be plain text, not rich text. Any one of these conditions not being met will cause the message to not make it to your inbox.

Also, there are characters which will cause the message text to be interpreted as project, context, date, etc. information. For testing purposes, I would stick to a simple "this is a test" subject line and empty message body, just to make sure you don't have to go looking elsewhere. Then when you have the basic mechanism working, try out all the examples in the OmniFocus Mail help page. Even if you don't plan to use them, you'll want to know what the magic characters are.

fudster 2009-05-02 09:37 PM

I think one issue here might be that Jott sends rich text emails, and there doesn't appear to be a way to configure it to use plain text. I'm looking for a solution to this too.

[quote=whpalmer4;52235]You did start up the Mail program, right? That has to be running for the email to be processed to OmniFocus. You also have to add the address you sent the email from to the list of allowable senders in the Mail preferences in OmniFocus, and make sure you checked the radio button for the "+omnifocus" addressing style. Finally, the message has to be plain text, not rich text. Any one of these conditions not being met will cause the message to not make it to your inbox.

Also, there are characters which will cause the message text to be interpreted as project, context, date, etc. information. For testing purposes, I would stick to a simple "this is a test" subject line and empty message body, just to make sure you don't have to go looking elsewhere. Then when you have the basic mechanism working, try out all the examples in the OmniFocus Mail help page. Even if you don't plan to use them, you'll want to know what the magic characters are.[/quote]