The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Completed Items for Today (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6967)

nbert 2008-01-29 07:21 AM

Completed Items for Today

How can I create a perspective or view with Completed Items that I have checked off for TODAY?

Any help is appreciated.
Nick

ct181 2008-01-29 09:46 AM

I just read this two days ago in some other thread while, as a new member, digesting through the forum... (sorry, I don't remember who's the credit to give)

Go to the Context View, ensure that all contexts are shown and set both the grouping mode and the action filter in the View Bar to "Completed" (and leave the flag and duration filters to "Any"). Then it will show all your completed tasks grouped by completion date. Open "Completed today" and voila :-)

Hope that helps,
Christian

nbert 2008-01-29 10:03 AM

Thanks Christian. For whatever reason, that is not working and doesn't show my completed items.

BwanaZulia 2008-01-29 10:24 AM

I created a nice pop up Perspective for these and threw it in my toolbar. Works great.

BZ

nbert 2008-01-29 11:45 AM

Can you tell me how to create the pop-up perspective? Would greatly appreciate it.

nbert 2008-01-29 11:53 AM

Actually I figured it out. Thanks.

BwanaZulia 2008-01-29 12:22 PM

I will say, after using OmniFocus for 6 months or so (and importing maybe a years worth of stuff into it) that pop up window is not fast. It takes 2-3 seconds on my 24" iMac Core Duo.

I hope OmniGroup is working on making sure OmniFocus and scale for the next 2-5 years of use.

BZ

cyleigh 2008-01-29 07:58 PM

[QUOTE=BwanaZulia;32115]I will say, after using OmniFocus for 6 months or so (and importing maybe a years worth of stuff into it) that pop up window is not fast. It takes 2-3 seconds on my 24" iMac Core Duo.

I hope OmniGroup is working on making sure OmniFocus and scale for the next 2-5 years of use.

BZ[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to be able to filter on dates wouldn't it? I don't (generally) need to see what I completed last year.

Toadling 2008-01-29 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=BwanaZulia;32115]I will say, after using OmniFocus for 6 months or so (and importing maybe a years worth of stuff into it) that pop up window is not fast. It takes 2-3 seconds on my 24" iMac Core Duo.

I hope OmniGroup is working on making sure OmniFocus and scale for the next 2-5 years of use.[/QUOTE]

I've had the same experience with similar queries. In general, I think performance could use some work. OmniFocus doesn't feel terribly slow, but it is a bit sluggish with my data. And if I try to do a search across all items (including completed projects), it takes several seconds. That may not sound like much time, but I've been spoiled by other apps, including Spotlight, that seem to be able to search across [I]much[/I] more data in a fraction of that time.

I really hope Omni can do some performance tuning for the next release.