The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus Extras (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ofexport - export to text, taskpaper, html, opml (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=29081)

markokaestner 2013-05-25 11:27 AM

Would it be possible to make the persistentIdentifier of all entities available in the templates as [B]$id[/B]? I tried to add it on my own but the last time I had to deal with Python was about 10 years ago at college.

psidnell 2013-05-25 12:13 PM

[QUOTE=markokaestner;124611]Would it be possible to make the persistentIdentifier of all entities available in the templates as [B]$id[/B]? I tried to add it on my own but the last time I had to deal with Python was about 10 years ago at college.[/QUOTE]

Sure, I use it in some of the templates like ics already.

Out of curiosity, what do you want it for?

markokaestner 2013-05-25 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=psidnell;124614]Sure, I use it in some of the templates like ics already.

Out of curiosity, what do you want it for?[/QUOTE]

Ahh ... didn't notice this. Works fine. I am currently evaluating, if I could replace my own OF code in my Alfred workflow with your ofexport tool. Looks promising so far...

nickwild 2013-05-26 02:48 AM

[QUOTE=kingsinger;124521]Awesome! That helps me understand better how it works too. I don't understand much about the command line. Can you share with me what you put into Hazel to run your shell script?

That would help me.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hi kingsinger,

Sorry only just saw this. I replicated psidnell's approach [URL="http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost.php?p=124350&postcount=38"]here[/URL]

psidnell 2013-05-26 02:54 AM

[QUOTE=markokaestner;124611]Would it be possible to make the persistentIdentifier of all entities available in the templates as [B]$id[/B]? [/QUOTE]

I'm reworking the configuration at the moment and improving the way templates reference attributes, hopefully this will be simpler when I'm done.

psidnell 2013-05-27 04:13 AM

[QUOTE=psidnell;124629]I'm reworking the configuration at the moment and improving the way templates reference attributes, hopefully this will be simpler when I'm done.[/QUOTE]

For the fearless amongst you I've just pushed V3.0.0. This incorporates a few recent suggestions I've had and hopefully paves the way for others I'd like to address.
[LIST][*] Added a plugin model so that templates can use custom layouts better. Much less code.[*] [B]Changed the template format[/B]. Bear that in mind if you've customised yours or created new ones. The new format is more compact, flexible and obvious (I hope).[*] Added some missing attributes to existing templates.[*] Created a global config file for plugin loading and file associations.[*] Misc bug fixes and template tweaks to remove extraneous white space in output.[/LIST]
My tests haven't shown up any problems but these are big internal changes so there might be issues. Let me know if you hit problems.

nickwild 2013-05-27 04:38 AM

Hi,

How do I only select uncompleted tasks.

Status only relates to Projects and Completed is a date.

TIA
Nick

psidnell 2013-05-27 05:16 AM

[QUOTE=nickwild;124656]Hi,
How do I only select uncompleted tasks.

Status only relates to Projects and Completed is a date.

TIA
Nick[/QUOTE]

This will give you just uncompleted tasks by including only tasks which have no completion date.
[CODE]ofexport -t done=none -o ~/Desktop/x.taskpaper --open[/CODE]

However it will also show the completed tasks within the uncompleted group.

If you want to eliminate those too then try this:

[CODE]ofexport -E -a done=any -o ~/Desktop/x.taskpaper --open[/CODE]

If you really dont want to see anything except tasks (no other structure at all) try this:

[CODE]ofexport -E -a done=any --tasks -T flat -o ~/Desktop/x.taskpaper --open[/CODE]

nickwild 2013-05-27 08:01 AM

Perfect! Thanks.

nickwild 2013-05-27 08:43 AM

Exclude Notes

Hi,

Sorry for all the dumb questions. Regarding templates how do I exclude the note fields from the output. I have tried removing this from the template but it did not work.

Cheers

Nick