The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Can you sort actions by date within a project? (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8771)

kman42 2008-07-16 04:12 PM

Can you sort actions by date within a project?

Is there any way to sort actions by due date within a project? I've tried clicking on the column, but it doesn't do anything. I've resorted to re-ordering things by hand, but that is a pain. I have my project set to parallel.

Also, is there any way to have dates be displayed in a relative way, like "Today", "Tomorrow", etc?

kman

brianogilvie 2008-07-16 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=kman42;41203]Is there any way to sort actions by due date within a project? I've tried clicking on the column, but it doesn't do anything. I've resorted to re-ordering things by hand, but that is a pain. I have my project set to parallel.[/QUOTE]

There is if you are using the version 1.1 sneakypeeks. It's not available in 1.0.x. If you don't want to run beta software, just wait for the 1.1 release.

[QUOTE]Also, is there any way to have dates be displayed in a relative way, like "Today", "Tomorrow", etc?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. If you want this feature, send feedback to Omni via the Help menu. That's the way to get your request in their database.

kman42 2008-07-16 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=brianogilvie;41204]There is if you are using the version 1.1 sneakypeeks. It's not available in 1.0.x. If you don't want to run beta software, just wait for the 1.1 release.[/QUOTE]

I'm running 1.1 so that I can sync (which actually kinda works :) ), but I don't see where to do this. Can you enlighten me?

Thanks!

Lucas 2008-07-16 04:57 PM

Edit -> Sort

curt.clifton 2008-07-16 09:22 PM

Note also that you have to select all the actions to be sorted before this menu command is available. (Command-click is your friend.)

jochen 2008-07-17 08:05 AM

I have not 1.1
I use 1.0.3

If I open a window with one projekt with 10 actions I cannot sort this actions on base of due date.
I have select all 10 actions.
I have the the view buttons in top of window and use the second button from left with some sort criterions.

Make I a mistake, is that a bug or don't I understand the behavior of OF?

Jochen

Lizard 2008-07-17 10:27 AM

jochen: The sorting you're finding is for sorting the projects themselves.
Sorting within a project is not available in 1.0.3. We added this feature in 1.1.

jochen 2008-07-18 09:42 AM

[QUOTE=Lizard;41379]jochen: The sorting you're finding is for sorting the projects themselves.
Sorting within a project is not available in 1.0.3. We added this feature in 1.1.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

So I think it's not a good behavior.

If the the actions not marked, the sort commands are not available.

If I mark the actions, the sort commands are available.

I'm waiting to the next version.

Jochen