The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OS X 10.6.5 update disables OmniFocus mail plugin [A: Re-enable via OF's preferences] (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=18871)

dmfresco 2010-11-11 04:52 AM

OS X 10.6.5 update disables OmniFocus mail plugin [A: Re-enable via OF's preferences]

Seems like the OS X 10.6.5 update broke the Omnifocus mail plugin. Breaks GrowlMail too. Any idea when a new plug will be available?

whpalmer4 2010-11-11 05:45 AM

It already is available. You just have to reinstall the plugin and it updates its version information to match what is expected.

dmfresco 2010-11-11 11:04 AM

Thanks.

Brian 2010-11-11 02:31 PM

I'm sorry for the confusion here! We can't prevent Apple's system updates from doing this from time to time, but you just can re-install the Clip-o-tron from OmniFocus' preferences to get back up and running.

(They're disabling plugins automatically, not because they've actually detected any sort of problem.)

rmathes 2010-11-14 06:08 PM

did 10.6.5 break the Mail/clippings functionality?

I just ran system update on my Mac and installed the latest OS update. Afterwards, I noticed Mail had several changes. MailTags, for example, was disabled, had to go download and install the latest update to restore it.

So, I went to clip an email to my inbox and it wouldn't work. Figured it was the standard issues after a re-start so I went to do it manually. It would not clip anything, or even show any of the Services menu, until I highlighted some text. Then it clipped it.

The behavior I used to see was that I would simply highlight an email in the message list and then ctrl-x and the quick entry window would pop up with the email clipped per the standard behavior. Now I can't get that to happen unless I actually highlight text in the email's preview window.

Any clue what's up?

whpalmer4 2010-11-14 06:37 PM

Go to the Clipping preferences and reinstall the Clip-o-Tron. Retry your experiment. It should work at that point. When Mail changes, they bump a version number that the plug-ins have to reference for compatibility checking, and everything flunks. Omni updates the Clip-o-Tron to finess the check when you install the Clip-o-Tron again in the presence of a newer version of Mail so you don't actually have to obtain a new plug-in, but if you don't do it, you'll get the clipping behavior at the lowest common denominator provided by the Any Application clip-in (copy the selected text). If you rearrange your clipping plug-ins so that Mail is at the bottom of the list, you would see this same behavior.

atreinke 2010-11-14 06:37 PM

Go into Preferences > Clippings and reinstall the clip-o-tron. Should work then.

Edit: lol - you beat me again whpalmer4.

rmathes 2010-11-15 02:36 AM

bingo, worked like a charm.

Thanks folks.