The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   Omni Frameworks (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   iPad OUInspector, Slices, Color... (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=18062)

scooter133 2010-09-22 06:33 AM

iPad OUInspector, Slices, Color...

I'm trying to wrap my head around the OUIInspector code and can’t seem to get what I need going. Starting off simple I want to change the background color of a view.

When I init the Inspector I pass it a theView I want to Change. The View has the protocol defined in it and functions for it implemented.

When I call up the Inspector with the Color Slice I only see the DetailSlice Navigation swatch, which does nothing when I click it. I'm not 100% sure where the other colors are supposed to come from?

Also Looking at the isAppropriate functions, it seems like my view I pass in does not seem to be an appropriate object.

How does the Slice get its List of Initial Colors?

If I want to Change the Color of more than one Object and want them to each have their own ColorInspectorSlice how do I differentiate the two slices to act upon their respective objects?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!

Tim Wood 2010-09-23 07:29 AM

There are a couple options. The simplest is to have your object conform to OUIColorInspection, use one or more OUIColorInspectorSlices and set/get the appropriate color property for the passed in slice.

You could also subclass OUIAbstractColorInspectorSlice (BackgroundColorInspectorSlice, say) and implement -isAppropriateForInspectedObject: on it to allow your view to be inspected by it. You might require the object to be an instance of your class, or you might just require it to implement -backgroundColor and -setBackgroundColor:.

Additionally in your subclass, you'd implement the required subclass methods for OUIAbstractColorInspectorSlice, -getColorsFromObject:, -setColor:forObject:, and -loadColorSwatchesForObject:.

Using OUIColorInspectorSlice is probably the simplest, but it isn't the only way.

scooter133 2010-09-27 03:23 PM

Thank you for your reply... Before I break the ColorInspector I tried this out on my newText Inspector. So far its working pretty well.

I've decided to add a key value to the inspectorSlice, then let the object let the inspector slice know if it responds to that key.

something like this:
[CODE]- (id)initWithKey:(NSString *)newInspectorSliceKey;
[/CODE]
Then I can call it like:
[CODE] [slices addObject:[[[IoUITextInspectorSlice alloc] initWithKey:@"SETitle"] autorelease]];
[slices addObject:[[[IoUITextInspectorSlice alloc] initWithKey:@"SEDescription"] autorelease]];

[/CODE]
Then as part of the protocol I have the inspectable object define:
[CODE]- (BOOL)objectHasKeyForInspectorSlice:(IoUIInspectorSlice *)inspector {
if ([[inspector inspectorSliceKey] isEqualToString: @"SETitle"]){
return YES;
} else if ([[inspector inspectorSliceKey] isEqualToString: @"SEDescription"]){
return YES;
}
return NO;
}
[/CODE]

getting the value for the inspector looks like: (I also have one for the Label)
[CODE]- (NSString *)textForInspectorSlice:(IoUIInspectorSlice *)inspector {
return screenTitle;
} else if ([[inspector inspectorSliceKey] isEqualToString: @"SEDescription"]){
return screenDescription;
}
return nil;
}
[/CODE]

setter looks like:
[CODE]- (void)setTextValue:(NSString *)newTextValue fromInspectorSlice:(IoUIInspectorSlice *)inspector{
[self setScreenTitle:newTextValue];
[self createToolbarItems];
}
if ([[inspector inspectorSliceKey] isEqualToString: @"SEDescription"]){
[self setScreenDescription:newTextValue];
}
}

[/CODE]Any Comments would be super!

Thanks!