The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OmniFocus-only incoming email account on gmail (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8211)

reign7 2009-04-20 08:19 AM

Thanks for finding that out. Hopefully they'll address that issue before they launch the final version.

Toadling 2009-04-20 08:23 AM

[QUOTE=reign7;58799]Thanks for finding that out. Hopefully they'll address that issue before they launch the final version.[/QUOTE]

I think it'll be fixed in the next Safari release (whether that's another beta or the final). The Omni Group has reported it and Apple is aware of the problem.

-Dennis

devn 2009-06-25 06:36 AM

[QUOTE=Toadling;58800]I think it'll be fixed in the next Safari release (whether that's another beta or the final). The Omni Group has reported it and Apple is aware of the problem.

-Dennis[/QUOTE]

Erm, isn't the latest release a final release? As of WWDC Safari 4 was officially released from beta.

This still isn't fixed for me. Is OmniFocus planning on addressing this, or are we going to keep waiting for Apple releases?

ETA: I looked a little bit closer noticed emails that are being sent to email+omnifocus@gmail.com are coming into Mail.app as [email]email@gmail.com[/email], hence no rule is being applied. Could anyone tell me what the story is there?

whpalmer4 2009-06-25 07:29 AM

[QUOTE=devn;61732]Erm, isn't the latest release a final release? As of WWDC Safari 4 was officially released from beta.
[/quote]
Yes, and Toadling's post is from April, well before that :-)
[quote]
This still isn't fixed for me. Is OmniFocus planning on addressing this, or are we going to keep waiting for Apple releases?
[/quote]
It might be that there is a different issue affecting you here, as the general experience is that Safari 4's release did fix this issue.
[quote]
ETA: I looked a little bit closer noticed emails that are being sent to email+omnifocus@gmail.com are coming into Mail.app as [email]email@gmail.com[/email], hence no rule is being applied. Could anyone tell me what the story is there?[/QUOTE]
You are sending them to email+omnifocus@gmail.com yet when they arrive at your gmail account they are addressed to [email]email@gmail.com[/email]? Who do you think is rewriting them in this fashion? It certainly isn't a practice gmail applies to everyone's account! I'd try sending a similar message except with a cc to another email address so you can see what actually got sent.

ddejonghe 2009-11-11 01:17 AM

Gmail 2 omnifocus

does the mail app needs to be running al the time? I use mailplane as email reader, not making use of apple mail.app.

Dominique

whpalmer4 2009-11-11 07:47 AM

Yes, the email is transferred to OmniFocus by an action triggered by a rule in the Mail.app. Another email application that is Applescriptable might be able to do the same.