The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus for iPad (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   What am I doing wrong in review mode? (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=16971)

Cameron 2010-07-30 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=whpalmer4;81605]No, someone must be mistaken. OmniFocus should only change the next review date if you click the Mark Reviewed button, or if you edit the date in the inspector. If there's some feature that is supposed to advance the next review date because you haven't done a review on time (a perfectly dreadful idea!), it is broken, because I've got some active projects which haven't been reviewed for over a year, and they show up exactly where they should, in the "Review more than a year ago" group when grouping by Next Review.

That said, I don't understand why TripleM isn't seeing projects for review in the Review view. What does the inspector on the Mac show for the next review dates?[/QUOTE]

I am using the 1.8 sneaky peeks and only recently noticed the issue (feature?). I got behind in my reviews for the first time in awhile and the inspector on Omnifocus Mac said something like (I'm guessing dates here):

Last reviewed July 10th
Review every 1 week
Next review July 30th

Those dates are not exact as im not at my Mac right now, but you can see why i was confused.

I emailed the ninjas and got this response:

[quote]Thanks for contacting us! If you miss a review date (or three), OmniFocus automatically pushes the review date up to the next day of the week from the last time the project was reviewed, rather than giving you a "next review" date in the past. Hope this clears things up! [/quote]

whpalmer4 2010-07-30 11:36 AM

Yeah, that means if you reviewed something that had a review interval of 1 week 10 days late, the next review date isn't set to be something in the past.

TripleM 2010-07-31 04:56 AM

So, I've read all of the responses and really appreciate them. I have to say that some of them are above my head.

I still have no projects in my review window unless I "force" individual projects in by touching and holding a project and choosing review from the popup menu.

Are there any settings I should be tweaking? Is there somewhere to control the "review period"?

Lest you think me lazy, I have submitted an email with screen caps to the og ninjas. I'm just really anxious because the review was the killer feature for me.

whpalmer4 2010-07-31 05:22 AM

Pick a project and force it into review mode as you described. Set the review interval to be 1 day. Then tap the Mark Reviewed button. Sync the iPad, then sync your Mac. Find that project on the Mac, bring up the inspector, and see what it reports for last review date and next review date. Report back here and we will figure out the next step.

rudrudson 2010-08-01 01:25 PM

Hi,
I have the same problem. In Review Mode on the iPad some projects are not shown, which are shown in the desktop version.

atreinke 2010-08-01 01:30 PM

I made a mistake on this the other day. The Mac will show you projects that are due for review now and in the future - i.e.: next week, etc.

The iPad will only show projects that are due for review now or overdue, not those in the future like next week.

Can this be the problem? It was for me.... I didn't have any due for review until the next day. They would show up on my Mac but not my iPad.

blewis 2010-08-01 02:54 PM

Feels messed up to me.

I clicked review and was shocked to see so few entries knowing I had not done a proper review in ages.

So I click a project, click and hold and force a review and it tells me I haven't reviewed the project since July 7th and it's set to review every week.

How in the world would it make any sense that this project doesn't show up when I click Review on the left bar?

Screwed up. Sending bug report now.

curt.clifton 2010-08-01 03:55 PM

blewis,

Out of curiosity. are you using landscape or portrait mode? Do any projects show up if you rotate the display (forcing a screen refresh)? I'm wondering if there's a problem with the code the renders the display or if the problem is in the code that detects which projects are due (or overdue) for review.

blewis 2010-08-01 04:17 PM

Hey Curt. I use both orientations and I don't see a difference between them w.r.t. Review mode.

Thanks.

blewis 2010-08-01 06:30 PM

Yeah, even after a sync of all 3 apps, my OF Desktop shows 29 Projects needing a "Review with in the last month". OF iPad says 0 items need to be reviewed.

Something is off.