The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Due date column disappearing (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6203)

milonga 2007-12-11 06:51 AM

Due date column disappearing

Hello!

I've been using Omnifocus for a couple of months now, and in the recent builds I've been experiencing the following problem:

Every now and then, the 'Due Date' column, dissapears and I have to add it again from the view menu, I cannot reproduce exactly when this happens, but it's happening every single day, and it's a bit annoying.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Craig 2007-12-11 06:55 AM

As far as I can tell, column settings are now saved with perspectives, so your columns will look like however they were set up the last time you saved the last perspective you selected - I think...

milonga 2007-12-11 07:07 AM

Yeah, but I'm not in any particular perspective, as a matter of fact, I'm not a big user of perspective either

recenelloa 2007-12-11 07:17 AM

I have the same exact problem.

DaddyCat 2007-12-11 08:29 AM

I also have that problem and also find it annoying

pvonk 2007-12-11 09:07 AM

I suspect that the recent change (which columns are in view assigned to perspectives) resulted in a "default" widow being opened without the start and due dates. This is the window you first saw after installing the build.

Try this - add the columns you want (in both modes), then quit OF without closing the window. Then open OF - are the columns still there?

milonga 2007-12-11 09:20 AM

Thanks pvonk,

I have now added the due column to all perspectives and the columns are still there.

The problem happened without any perspective switch anyway, so I will keep you guys posted throughout the day if it happens again.

Cheers

Tinchohs 2007-12-12 06:21 PM

[QUOTE=pvonk;28248]I suspect that the recent change (which columns are in view assigned to perspectives) resulted in a "default" widow being opened without the start and due dates. This is the window you first saw after installing the build.

Try this - add the columns you want (in both modes), then quit OF without closing the window. Then open OF - are the columns still there?[/QUOTE]

I think the bug kicks-in if you actually use a perspective. I tried what you suggested and worked fine. But right after I change from a perspective, I loose the 'due date' column again. I think it's a bug...

bksnbriefs 2007-12-12 09:19 PM

I am having the same problem ... and the viewing due date columns for all perspectives and then restarting does not work for me.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

curt.clifton 2007-12-13 03:00 AM

[QUOTE=bksnbriefs;28443]I am having the same problem ... and the viewing due date columns for all perspectives and then restarting does not work for me.

I hope this gets fixed soon.[/QUOTE]

You have to turn on the due date columns in the perspective and then [B]use the camera button in the perspectives window to save the change[/B] [I]being very careful to select the correct perspective in the window lest you overwrite a different[/I] (says the voice of experience).