The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OF 1.7.1 and Spaces in Snow Leopard conflict (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13615)

jka33331 2009-08-30 07:37 PM

OF 1.7.1 and Spaces in Snow Leopard conflict

Is anyone else having inconsistent behavior with Spaces in SL? Specifically when using Launchbar or selecting OF in the dock, I am not automatically redirected to back to the space that OF resides in. I have to manually go back to that space.

Also, when using clip-o-tron and quick entry, I can not see the those quick entry windows unless I manually go to the actual space.

Sometimes these work correctly but other times not.

Anyone else experiencing this?

garfield 2009-08-30 08:33 PM

Yeah - completing a task in Space 2 moves Omnifocus to Space 1. Quite annoying.

Ken Case 2009-09-02 09:44 AM

[QUOTE=jka33331;65694]Is anyone else having inconsistent behavior with Spaces in SL?[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to reproduce the issues you've reported, but I'm not having any luck. In 10.6's Spaces Preferences, I've assigned OmniFocus to Space 2.

[QUOTE]Specifically when using Launchbar or selecting OF in the dock, I am not automatically redirected to back to the space that OF resides in. I have to manually go back to that space.[/QUOTE]

Whenever I click on the OmniFocus dock icon or open it from the Finder, it switches me to Space 2.

[QUOTE]Also, when using clip-o-tron and quick entry, I can not see the those quick entry windows unless I manually go to the actual space.[/QUOTE]

For me, it always pops open Quick Entry in my current Space (whatever that happens to be). If I switch Spaces without closing Quick Entry, it follows me to the new Space.

[QUOTE]Sometimes these work correctly but other times not.[/QUOTE]

OK, sounds like I'm just getting lucky then. I'll leave Spaces set up this way for a while to see if I can encounter any of the behavior you're talking about. (If you notice any patterns or other clues to make it misbehave, please let me know!)

Ken Case 2009-09-02 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=garfield;65696]Yeah - completing a task in Space 2 moves Omnifocus to Space 1. Quite annoying.[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to reproduce this problem either: I just completed a task in Space 2, and nothing moved to Space 1. If you can tell us more about how to trigger this problem (maybe record and email our support ninjas a screencast?), I'd love to track it down and fix it!

Ken Case 2009-09-02 09:53 AM

OK, experimenting a little more, I tried moving the Inspector window to Space 1 while leaving the rest of OmniFocus on Space 2. When I did this, if I opening OmniFocus from Space 1 using Quicksilver it doesn't switch me over to Space 2 (presumably because it finds an open OmniFocus window already on Space 1). Moving the Inspector to Space 2 (where the rest of my OmniFocus windows are) seems to resolve this.

Could this be related to what you're seeing?

lilyblossom 2009-09-02 11:37 AM

I am having this same problem caused by the inspector. However, I am not dragging it to another space, it appears to simply follow me across somehow. I suspect it might be jumping to another space if it was the last thing i clicked but i'm not certain.

livesey 2009-09-10 11:25 PM

the same with 4 spaces (OF 1.7.3 was in 4th space)

mhanisch 2009-11-26 06:32 AM

I have exactly the same problem: 2 OF windows on space 1, and another window on space 3.

When I check off an action in the window on space 3, the window suddenly moves to space 1, and space 1 is displayed.
(I have 4 spaces in total. Same problem when I have OF windows on spaces 2 /4 or on all of them.)
Strangely, I'm pretty sure this was broken, then it worked for some time and now the problem is backed. Still no idea what caused it.

rmathes 2009-11-26 02:11 PM

the behavior I'm seeing is that I only have one OmniFocus window open but let’s say I open it in space 1 and then realize I really want it in space 2. I move it to space 2. Sometimes (and that’s the maddening part because it doesn’t happen every time) it will then move the window back to space 1 when I complete a task. Once it starts doing that I just quit the app and restart it in the desired space.

mhanisch 2009-11-26 02:35 PM

I do have the same problem as rmathes, in addition to the other problem I mentioned in my original posting.