The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniGraffle for iPad (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Graffletopia and new iPad 3 no worky (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=24107)

dude 2012-05-03 06:58 PM

Graffletopia and new iPad 3 no worky

I have OG for the iPad and I have an iPad 3. I go to Graffletopia and have been unsuccessful installing Amy stencil I have tried.

Shouldn't going through the browser work for at least one of them to install correctly?

whpalmer4 2012-05-03 09:54 PM

How does it fail? I don't see how you could fail with the built-in stencil search gadget — just tap the Stencil menu icon at the upper right, type in your search term(s), choose a stencil and tap the Download button.

Or are you going to the Graffletopia website from Safari? Find a stencil, tap the Download button, tap the Open in OmniGraffle button. I don't have an iPad 3, but I didn't see anything on either path that looked like it would fail with a different screen resolution...

dude 2012-05-04 02:54 AM

For "iPad and iPhone Design" fails both ways.

Through Safari, failures were every time with any stencil I choose.

Through the OG Stencil finder I have had better luck. Thanks!

whpalmer4 2012-05-04 05:37 AM

Your description of [B]how[/B] it fails leaves much to the imagination :-)

dude 2012-05-04 05:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Check out the screen shot.

Please forgive my shady posts. I was stuck on an iPad and could not easily get a screen shot up.

169 is from within OG

170 is from Safari. When I click on Open with OG I get the same error as 169.

Notice, two different stencils.

whpalmer4 2012-05-04 06:39 AM

Ah, now we're getting somewhere! I get the same error on my iPad 2, so it isn't an iPad 3 issue, per se. Looking more closely after downloading the stencil on my Mac, it turns out that it is a zipped up folder containing several stencils, and the iPad app apparently doesn't know how to deal with that. You can download the file to your Mac or PC, unzip, and email the various stencils to yourself (or use iTunes to move them).

I tried out a handful of the stencils after I did this, and they appear to load correctly.

I agree that it is confusing that the GraffleTopia page lists them as working with the iPad app, but you can't download them directly as is usually the case!

whpalmer4 2012-05-04 06:47 AM

I sent in a bug report suggesting that perhaps since OG for iPad does know how to unzip single stencils, it ought to be extended to handle this scenario as well. If you think that would be useful, you should send in a request also by emailing [email]omnigraffle-ipad@omnigroup.com[/email] (or use the Contact Omni option in the gear menu in the document chooser). Having more requests is supposed to translate to greater priority...

dude 2012-05-04 06:48 AM

[QUOTE=whpalmer4;110079]I sent in a bug report suggesting that perhaps since OG for iPad does know how to unzip single stencils, it ought to be extended to handle this scenario as well. If you think that would be useful, you should send in a request also by emailing [email]omnigraffle-ipad@omnigroup.com[/email] (or use the Contact Omni option in the gear menu in the document chooser). Having more requests is supposed to translate to greater priority...[/QUOTE]

Can you repost your submission? That way it is sure to be counted correctly when I submit.

whpalmer4 2012-05-04 06:49 AM

Just reference OG# 756264...

dude 2012-05-04 06:50 AM

Thank you. Done.