The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   about the badge size and note formating (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=14786)

Nicolas_Thomsen 2009-12-14 01:14 AM

about the badge size and note formating

2 Attachment(s)
Hi I have two questions that I hope that you can help me with.

One is the size of the badge. In my copy of Omnifocus the size is kindda strange, it seems like there is too little spacing around the number.
This weekend I saw some screenshots from OF where it looks much better and I was wondering if it is possible to make my badge look as nice as the one in the screenshot?

I have tried through the styling section but that seems to have no effect.
I attached both pictures.

Secondly IŽd like to know if it is possible to turn off the function that keeps clipped text as it originally looked?
In Things app text added as a note is formated when pasted into the notes field, here the text keep the size, font ect. and that makes it look very messy when you look at it afterwards, it is possible to turn this off?

whpalmer4 2009-12-14 04:10 AM

If you have some styled text in OmniFocus that you would prefer unstyled, simply select it and choose Format->Clear Style. I don't know of any options to make the clipping shortcut default to dropping the styling, but if you have set your clipping preference to copy to the quick entry panel instead of directly to the inbox, you can fix it on the spot.

Nicolas_Thomsen 2009-12-14 05:22 AM

[QUOTE=whpalmer4;70745]If you have some styled text in OmniFocus that you would prefer unstyled, simply select it and choose Format->Clear Style. I don't know of any options to make the clipping shortcut default to dropping the styling, but if you have set your clipping preference to copy to the quick entry panel instead of directly to the inbox, you can fix it on the spot.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot! :) that sort of takes care of one of those problems, now I just need to find out why the badges look so strange in my version of OmniFocus

whpalmer4 2009-12-14 06:51 AM

Are you using the default fonts and sizes, or have you changed them? Also, on closer inspection of my windows, at least, it appears that the numbers are drawn slightly higher relative to the text for single action lists, resulting in something that looks like your second image (though not apparently the reason in your case).

Send in a report with Help->Send Feedback to increase the chances it gets fixed.

Brian 2009-12-14 03:42 PM

Nicolas, if you could open up the Style pane of preferences, click on the small gear button in the lower left, and then select "Save Theme" from the menu that appears, that would be very helpful.

If you attach that file to the email you're sending the Support Ninjas, it'll help them diagnose the problem with the exact style settings you're using in your copy of the application. Thanks very much for the help!