The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The server "me.com" requires authentication (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15457)

qtus 2010-03-01 01:00 AM

The server "me.com" requires authentication

1 Attachment(s)
I recently bought an iMac and synced it with my MobileMe account which I had been using with a Macbook Pro. I also downloaded Omnifocus and synced it with the MobileMe account. The syncronization worked and is still working well but I have to type my email and password every time even though I check "Remember in Keychain". How to make Keychain really remember the details?

Brian 2010-03-02 06:13 PM

If you're typing your full me.com email address, you may want to try typing just the stuff to the left of the "@me.com" part. Does that help?

If not, you can contact the [EMAIL="omnifocus@omnigroup.com"]support ninjas[/EMAIL] and we can look at the specific messages that are being sent back and forth between OmniFocus and the MobileMe servers on Apple's end - that may help diagnose this.

qtus 2010-03-03 07:22 AM

[QUOTE=Brian;74203]If you're typing your full me.com email address, you may want to try typing just the stuff to the left of the "@me.com" part. Does that help?

If not, you can contact the [EMAIL="omnifocus@omnigroup.com"]support ninjas[/EMAIL] and we can look at the specific messages that are being sent back and forth between OmniFocus and the MobileMe servers on Apple's end - that may help diagnose this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your advice. I deleted the login.keychain and now everything works as supposed.

AndyPurvis 2010-09-21 04:49 AM

Server "me.com" requires authentication - for ever

Hi,

I'm a longstanding OF user who's just got an iPad as well, so have set up a MobileMe account for synching. When I first tried to synch from my Mac, I got the "Server 'me.com' requires authentication", and kept getting it no matter how often I types it in (and it wouldn't remember it). So I could use OF on my Mac but not synch.

I followed this thread and deleted the login.keychain. Now I get the request for authentication as soon as I open OF. If I Cancel, OF is unresponsive and I have to use Force Quit. So now I can't even *use* it! Any ideas?

Any help very gratefully received!

Andy

Brian 2010-09-22 09:36 AM

This sounds like the me.com servers aren't getting the login info they expect. Either the user name or the password don't match what they expect to see for your account. If you [EMAIL="omnifocus@omnigroup.com"]email[/EMAIL] or call the support ninjas (800.315.6664) we're happy to help.

AndyPurvis 2010-10-01 02:06 AM

Problem went away of its own accord

It sorted itself out - I guess somewhere a database hadn't updated until the next day - but it works fine now.