The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniWeb Feature Requests (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Safe mode start (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8222)

Smithcraft 2008-06-18 07:21 PM

Safe mode start

Hello there!

While I have given up on using OW to view any YouTube type videos or sites, sometimes people embed videos on their websites.

Which ends up leading to a big crash for me.

Then when I restart OW it goes and starts reloading all the pages that were open at the time of the crash, which is a feature I really love!

The problem is that the offending page causes OW trauma again, and OmniGroup CrashCatcher is in my face before I can try to close the offending window/page.

So, a feature that I would like is that the maybe the CrashCatcher can toggle a flag that when OW is restarted it opens all of the windows/pages but does [I]not[/I] load them, and puts up a little box with a stop/go option. I can go through my windows/pages and close the ones that aren't crucial, or the offending page if I know which one it is. Then I can click on the go button, and it will start loading the windows/pages.

Anyway, after dealing with the CrashCatcher several times tonight(you guys already know what it is, so I won't bother you with the reports), I would really appreciate this feature.

SC

Smithcraft 2008-06-19 07:00 PM

Nobody?

I'm on my third restart for unknown reasons, and my second system reboot, in fifteen minutes.

SC

Brian 2008-06-19 09:16 PM

If you hold down the shift key on startup, OmniWeb will boot into a new, blank workspace. You can then nuke the offending pages from the Workspaces window before switching back over to the other workspace.

Smithcraft 2008-06-20 08:08 AM

[QUOTE=Brian;38395]If you hold down the shift key on startup, OmniWeb will boot into a new, blank workspace. You can then nuke the offending pages from the Workspaces window before switching back over to the other workspace.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Brian! I will have to try to remember that!

SC

Smithcraft 2008-07-05 09:27 AM

The delete key, CMD X, forward delete don't do anything, and there is no response from a right click on the possibly offending window in the workspace window.

So how do you delete a page from the workspace window?

Also, since I have OW to start at launch I would still maybe prefer the method I mentioned up above. I could come up with the same window that asks me about the Global History deal.

Thanks again!

SC

Smithcraft 2008-07-12 11:56 PM

Ok, sooooo I'm missing something obvious then?

SC

JKT 2008-07-13 01:47 AM

You can only delete entire groups of Tabs from the Workspace window manager, not individual tabs. For me the easiest way to solve a crash problem due to a specific tab is to go offline temporarily, launch OmniWeb and open the problem Workspace then close the problem tab. Quit, go back online then re-launch. That way I don't lose any other tabs.

Smithcraft 2008-09-02 11:24 PM

Ok, that's a good iDea!

SC