The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Review completed tasks (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=11279)

peteypolo 2009-02-10 08:10 AM

Review completed tasks

Each week I review my projects. But I realized sometimes I may have checked off an action without deciding what the next action is...and projects get lost for a while as a result.

I want to create a perspective that shows me all the tasks I completed in the last week. Any suggestions as to how?

zts-it 2009-02-10 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You could do this -- under Perspectives' *Show Actions With Status* select *Any Status* or *Completed* (the usual setting here is *Remaining*, which obviously will show you only uncompleted and upcoming/due tasks). *Any Status* will display everything, *Completed* will display only completed tasks.

peteypolo 2009-02-10 03:46 PM

Thank you. I wonder if there is a way to filter out the completed actions, such that only the ones completed in the last 7 days can be seen?

Lucas 2009-02-10 03:55 PM

It seems like you might want to try, in the project view, setting the far left filter for "stalled". Maybe also grouping them by "changed".

CatOne 2009-02-10 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=peteypolo;55012]Thank you. I wonder if there is a way to filter out the completed actions, such that only the ones completed in the last 7 days can be seen?[/QUOTE]

I've solved this by archiving everything older than 7 days (or whatever the timeframe is). It works fine for that, but then of course the data is in an archive.

peteypolo 2009-02-10 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=Lucas;55013]It seems like you might want to try, in the project view, setting the far left filter for "stalled". Maybe also grouping them by "changed".[/QUOTE]

Hm... I will investigate "group by changed". As a matter of routine I don't want to have to archive to do the weekly review. Thanks all!

zts-it 2009-02-10 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=peteypolo;55012]Thank you. I wonder if there is a way to filter out the completed actions, such that only the ones completed in the last 7 days can be seen?[/QUOTE]There is probably several ways to do this. What I like to do for that type of filtering is actually use the built in search. Lets say, I want to find any tasks from the work week of 01/19/09 - 01/23/09. Each of my entries/tasks for that week contains a note entry *Work Week: 01/19/09 - 01/23/09*. Later when I need to find them I just need to start entering the date into the Search field. As soon as you enter (as in this case) 01/19 you'll have all entries for that week if you filter by *Any Status* ... then you can change the perspective filter from *Any Status* to *Completed* (hopefully they'll be the same, but it's good to use *Any Status* just in case you missed something). Other variation would be to search by one specific date by entering the date stamp (*Edit -> Insert Time Stamp -> Short Date*) into the task field or into the note of each task (but maybe the week concept would work better). Sort of a mild tagging system.

peteypolo 2009-02-14 08:35 PM

This perspective does the trick:
[INDENT]View Mode: Context
Grouping: Completed
Action Filter: Completed[/INDENT]
Thanks again! -p