View Single Post
Rob Trew's op->of and of->op scripts are remarkably useful, but that's a long way short of proper integration or sync.

I'd love to have better integration too but wonder just how deep the integration can be, given the very different underlying purpose of the tools.

While there is a lot of overlap between the attributes of tasks in each tool, there are significant differences elsewhere. For example projects, contexts and perspectives only exist in OF while resources, calendars etc only exist in OP. If a task is created in one tool, how will the other deal with the missing attributes? It's certainly not obvious to me.

I got the impression (I can't remember where) that what was being mooted was that from OP, a "manager" would be able to send a task to a resource (minion, serf, uniform plastic employee). It would arrive in their inbox at which point they could assign it to a project/context, add a dancing cat gif attachment, whatever...

When the task finally gets completed, some form of notification goes back to the managers OP and the plan gets updated.

This may be confabulation on my part, but this seems like a plausible useful minimum level of integration.

My choice would be to smash the two tools together to produce one huge Godzilla scale application, but just imagine the size of the user manual!