View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethkatz17582
I'm being a squeaky wheel. ... I didn't realize how bothersome it would be with forums ....
Since stale tab content is my biggest complaint about 5.5sp1, I'll squeak again, too. For the forum record, here are my comments from March 16:

When I first encountered OmniWeb 5.5's speed in displaying a saved workspace, I was thrilled. The thrill is fading because of workspaces that behaved better with OW 5.1.3.

When the page content in a saved workspace has not changed, displaying a snapshot (OW 5.5) is refreshingly faster than reloading each page (OW 5.1.3).

However, when the pages a saved workspace are very volatile (e.g., news summary, user forum index, blog), there's always the nagging question, "Am I seeing the current content?" The only way to answer the question is to manually reload each page.

Since neither the snapshot or reload behavior is right for all workspaces, I suggest it would nice to give the user two options:

1. Global Preference for workspace restore: snapshot or reload

2. Per-workspace option to override the global preference

Since I was content with the slow-but-predictable workspace reload in OW 5.1.3, I'd choose that as my global preference and use the snapshot approach for workspaces with static content.

-- Ward