View Single Post
Hello Omnigroup and list,

What is the purpose of flagging actions?

Isn't flagging just an admission that no matter which action fields you use to sort your context view, you still won't have what you want - a list of actions in some kind of intended order of completion? To those who haven't been following this forum lately, don't get the impression that I think that contexts don't help - I do - their just not currently as helpful as they could be. And please leave the arguments about the philosophy of getting things done and whether sorting of contexts is really necessary to the thread dedicated to this subject).

I am interested forum members. If flagging isn't always used for this purpose, what do you use it for?

Those who have been reading other threads on this forum know that I am arguing for contexts to be sorted (for when one is only really able to complete actions in one context - say a shopping trip in the car) but that flagging should continue as a feature but altered so that flagged items are sortable, enabling the sorting of actions ACROSS contexts.