View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
Sounds like it's specific site or a few of them. There are some poorly built sites that can cause quite a CPU spike. This happens to me even on my PC, though it's usually less noticeable there.
Thanks. I did think of that, but it really doesn't seem to be one site over another. New sites, old sites, it's all the same for me. If anything, it seems to be time used, an hour to a few hours. Just now I am on Shiira, but already today it's happened with Camino, Safari and Firefox, as well as OW. And it's an ongoing problem, never, ever stops happening.

I just had my iMac out for three months to see if it could be the machine. The place I bought it from tried all of the browsers and had the same issue. They sent it to Apple, but they claim the problem doesn't exist, (although they were nice enough to replace my power supply for free since it was on its way out apparently). It's pretty frustrating, though, with this browser thing. I have a gig of memory so it should be enough, I don't play games or use graphics software for anything, but the memory is just sucked up and then the CPU seizes sometimes to 100%.

I'm hoping the developers can do something. It would be great if they could somehow get through to Apple on this and come up with a solution.