View Single Post
I have both sequential and parallel task dependencies, yet I'd vote for parallel tasks as default rule.

Since we all have "!Single Actions", perhaps the best default setting is parallel. Ordering tasks, for me, is part of project planning and management, not what I want to do on a daily basis.

My main concern is: open OmniFocus, see what is scheduled for today, what tasks are still open and should have been closed or are still running by tomorrow as well. And what I'll add during the day in the inbox, will be reviewed - and if they belong to a project that has already been defined, I'll take time to plan it better.

I mean: parallel takes less concentration time, and will suit single actions very well. Sequential tasks require more concentration and planning. I'll be adding more parallel tasks than sequential ones, and will dwell on sequential ones longer. Since tagging tasks as sequential is something that requires extra time, shifting from parallel to sequential seems to me to be a logical move. I wouldn't want to change settings on a parallel task because the default setting is automatically set to "sequential". That would be taking time without adding anything specific or benefits.

Best,
Herman