View Single Post
Yup, I go through around 4-5,000 tasks per year. Most of it is just junk that I don't need to record. Honestly, the project and notes pertaining to the project are of much greater use to me in the long term. I don't mind OF storing everything for a year, but at some point I'll want to flush everything out by type and keyword.

Here is what I would like to see: A way to export just projects by meta-data match "archive", to some useful format like XML, within a specified date range (400 to 200 days ago is my preferred range).

An alternative to this would be the ability to purge the archives with a similar filtering capability mentioned above. If I could wipe out everything that I did not select for archival, within a date range, that would make browsing it much more useful five years from now. Something like that could form the backbone for a useful reference system in the long term. If OF had a good method for indexing and browsing old records, I could see just keeping everything in one program. The only thing is, this is kind of all verging on Bloat. There are plenty of top-notch applications out there for archiving reference material, and efficiently recalling it later on. Why should OF attempt to match that when a simple export would do the trick?