View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid2
In my opinion, OmniFocus is behaving correctly here. It sounds like you like to work specifically on one client at a time, which is not necessarily how the GTD methodology works. ... - when you work in a context you're just doing everything you can do here, instead of moving between contexts and working on 1 project.
I'll confess to diving into OmniFocus after reading only the first chapter of GTD. (Do I hear a chorus of "RTFM?").

I spend 90% of my work hours in my office. So having that as a single context is confusing. I prefer to think of "office" as client A in the morning, client G in the afternoon, client M all-day Tuesday, ...

Quote:
I agree, seeing folder would be helpful in context view... We already have the project name as a column, maybe Omni could make it so it reads "Folder -> Project" ?
While that would be a slight improvement over the naked project name, I'd really like to see the project folder as a top-level item (à la Project view). This would allow expand/collapse and Focus for contexts. Showing projects could be a user preference, retaining the current flat view for those who like it.

Quote:
if the client site is "n" seperate places, why not make these places? It sounds like you're using the client site context as a group, and OmniFocus supports grouping contexts - so this may help you here.
Excellent! I hadn't found that. I've renamed "client site" to "on-site" and added sub-contexts for each client I visit in person. And I've added a "screen share" group for those I visit over the Internet.

My new context groups provide a Focus-like ability to isolate a single client.